To attend a public or private college or university within the state of Arkansas, students must show proof of 2 MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) immunizations, immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella, a medical or non-medical exemption, or birth before January 1957.
Acceptable proof of immunization is an official immunization record from another educational institution in Arkansas, a licensed medical doctor or an authorized public health representative, or military service. Documentation must state the vaccine type and dates of vaccine administration including month and year. Terms such as “up-to-date,” “complete,” “adequate,” etc. will not be accepted.
In lieu of receiving the MMR vaccine, students can:
- provide documented evidence of appropriate serological testing showing immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella (this is known as a titer). The MMR titer can be drawn in Health Services for a fee.
- provide proof of an Immunization Exemption granted by the Arkansas Department of Health. After receiving an approval letter, the student is responsible for notifying the university that the exemption request has been approved. The student is responsible for retaining the original letter.
- provide proof of birth before January 1, 1957.
- If a student has previously received two doses of measles, one dose of mumps and one dose of rubella before January 2, 2010, these doses will be accepted as compliant to the immunization regulations and 2 MMRs are not required.
- Students enrolled in UA Little Rock’s eLearning program (all classes are on-line) are not required to show proof of MMR immunization.
All undergraduate students should submit their immunization records to the UA Little Rock Office of Admissions.
All graduate students should submit their records to the UA Little Rock Graduate School Office of Admissions.