Health Services operates by appointment.
Please call 501.569.3188 to schedule your visit.
If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, please call the clinic as soon as possible.
- If you develop acute symptoms and no appointment slots are available on the day you call, you may ask to speak to a nurse or walk-in and ask to be triaged. Depending on the severity of your symptoms, the RN will determine if you need to be fit in that day or she will make an appointment for you on the next available day.
- If you are having any of the following emergent symptoms, call 911 or have someone take you to the nearest emergency room.
- Difficulty breathing, shortness of breath
- Chest or upper abdominal pain, or pressure lasting two minutes or more
- Fainting, sudden dizziness, weakness
- Change in vision
- Difficulty speaking
- Confusion in mental status, unusual behavior, difficulty walking
- Any sudden or severe pain
- Uncontrolled bleeding
- Severe or persistent vomiting or diarrhea
- Coughing or vomiting blood
Remember, you can complete most of your check-in forms through the on-line patient portal BEFORE your appointment time.
Doing this will greatly decrease the amount of time it takes to check-in on the day of your appointment. Once you are registered in the portal, you also can receive lab results and messages from your provider via the secure/encrypted messaging system.
- click on the following link: https://ualr.medicatconnect.com/
- click “Register” (in the top right corner) and complete the required information
Once you have registered:
- sign into the portal using the same link, username, and password that you originally chose
- click “Login,” and poof you’re there!