As an incoming freshman at UA Little Rock, you’re making some pretty important life decisions right now. To make everything a little bit easier, we created a breakdown of our scholarships for incoming freshmen like you.
Institutional scholarships for incoming freshmen do not have separate applications to complete, with the exception of our mentored programs (Category 2 below). **Important: Incoming freshmen must have both a high school transcript and standardized test scores on file with the Office of Admissions before they will be considered for scholarships.**
Steps to Take
- Apply for admission, submit a high school transcript, and provide standardized test scores (ACT or SAT) to the Office of Admissions by Aug. 1, 2023.
- Submit your 2023-2024 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as early as Oct. 1st (UA Little Rock School code: 001101)
- Apply for State of Arkansas Aid
- Match and apply to mentored programs (Category 2 below), private awards, and outside scholarships with Scholarship Universe (must be admitted and have a UA Little Rock email address)
Fall 2023 Entering Freshman Students
Only 1 award from each of the 2 categories below may be combined based on eligibility.
|Scholarship||Award Amount Per Year (available up to 4 years)||ACT Score or equivalent SAT||GPA||Other Qualifying Criteria|
|Chancellor’s Academic Distinction||
||Minimum of 20 ACT score or 1030 SAT composite score||4.0||
|Provost’s Academic Excellence||
||Minimum of 20 ACT score or 1030 SAT composite score||3.75||
|Deans’ Academic Merit||
||Minimum of 20 ACT score or 1030 SAT composite score||3.5||
|UA Little Rock Academic Achievement||
||Minimum of 20 ACT score or 1030 SAT composite score||3.25||
||Minimum of 20 ACT score or 1030 SAT composite score||3.0||
|Scholarship||Award Amount Per Year
(Available up to 4 years)
|ACT Score or Equivalent SAT||GPA||Other Qualifying Criteria|
|Science, Technology, Engineering, & Mathematics (STEM) Academic Scholarship||
|Donaghey Scholars Honors Program||
||This is a highly selective honors program enrolling 25 new scholars each year and open to all majors.
|Chancellor’s Leadership Corps Scholarship Program||
|New Trojan Pathways||
|New Arkansan Non-Resident Tuition Award||Pays 90% of non-resident tuition||
|Privately funded Scholarships||$1,000 – $5,000 per year||
Additional Awards & Criteria
|UA Little Rock Grants
Awarded to students with exceptional financial need as funds are available.
||Award amounts vary|
Awarded to students that complete the P.A.R.K. Program.
Awarded by the Thea Foundation to students that complete the THEA Program.
||Award amounts vary|
Now, a few housekeeping items:
- Incoming freshmen must have a high school transcript and standardized test scores on file with the Office of Admissions before they will be considered for scholarships.
- A majority of institutional scholarships may only be awarded to U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- We cannot guarantee an award to each applicant due to the competitive nature of scholarships.
- You may receive multiple award offers for different mentored programs but only one may be chosen.
- Institutional scholarships are available to pay direct expenses (tuition, fees, and room and board) that are charged to a student’s UA Little Rock student account after all waivers or discounts are applied.
- No portion of institutional scholarship funds are refunded to the student.
We can’t wait for you to join the Trojan family! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out. You can reach us at 501-916-3035 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.