The Fall 2021 closed carrel application will open on August 2, 2021, at 9 am.
The Summer 2021 closed carrel application closed on April 28, 2021.
Carrels are assigned by the following priority:
- Bar exam takers (spring and summer semesters only)
- Students with documented accommodation needs
- Library or faculty Research Assistants
- Law journal editors, members, or apprentices currently working on a law journal writing project (for example, a case note, survey, or comment) who don’t have a workspace in the law review area.
- Students enrolled in a course that satisfies the upper-level writing requirement, including appellate advocacy but excluding trial advocacy.
- Other upper-level students (if you are a first-year student, you may apply for an open carrel.)
Please take a moment to read our policy and regulations before you apply.