Who can get involved? Everyone, from traditional to non-traditional, commuter to residence hall students, full-time to part-time students and everyone in between!! Here are just some of the many reasons why we encourage you to get involved:
- It allows you to become connected to UALR ~ Universities are full of resources, but the responsibility is on you to seek them out. Being involved helps you do that.
- It helps build community ~Â Since you are leaving your family and sometimes your friends behind, getting involved helps you discover new friends with similar interests.
- It allows you to discover your passions and strengths ~Â These will follow you all through life and help you discover your degree program.
- Sometimes, busier students do better in all areas ~ In some case more free time does not always equal better grades. Being involved will require some organization and time management on your partâ€”but that’s an excellent skill to carry you through your academic career and into the workforce.
Where can I get involved? Here are some ways to get involved on campus:
- Get involved with over 100+ registered UALR Student Organizations
- Volunteer or participate in civic engagement through several groups on campus, such as Fraternities/Sororities, Scholar Programs, Student Government Association…
- Do an internship through Cooperative Education or through your degree plan (many degrees require an internship to graduate)
- Attend campus events such as shows, concerts, and other programs offered through the Office of Campus Life
- Leadership opportunities are available in every organization and program on campus
- Learn about various cultural programs and events through International Student Services and Diversity Programs
- Become a mentor for non-traditional students