Who can get involved? Everyone, from traditional to non-traditional, commuter to residence hall students, full-time to part-time students and everyone in between!! Here are just some of the many reasons why we encourage you to get involved:
- It allows you to become connected to UALR ~ Universities are full of resources, but the responsibility is on you to seek them out. Being involved helps you do that.
- It helps build community ~ Since you are leaving your family and sometimes your friends behind, getting involved helps you discover new friends with similar interests.
- It allows you to discover your passions and strengths ~ These will follow you all through life and help you discover your degree program.
- Sometimes, busier students do better in all areas ~ In some case more free time does not always equal better grades. Being involved will require some organization and time management on your part—but that’s an excellent skill to carry you through your academic career and into the workforce.
Where can I get involved? Here are some ways to get involved on campus:
- Get involved with over 130+ registered UALR Student Organizations.
- Volunteer or participate in civic engagement through several groups on campus, such as Fraternities/Sororities, Scholar Programs, Student Government Association…
- Do an internship or service learning through the Community Connection Center.
- Become a member of the University Program Council and help with programming movies, comedians and entertainers.
- Leadership opportunities are available in every organization and program on campus.
- Learn about various cultural programs and events through International Student Services and Diversity Programs.
- Become a mentor for Non-Traditional students.
- Become a writer, photographer, advertising or business manager for The Forum Student Newspaper.