Who can get involved? Everyone, from traditional to non-traditional, commuter to residence hall students, full-time to part-time students and everyone in between!! Here are just some of the many reasons why we encourage you to get involved:
- It allows you to become connected to UALR ~ Universities are full of resources, but the responsibility is on you to seek them out. Being involved helps you do that.
- It helps build community ~Â Since you are leaving your family and sometimes your friends behind, getting involved helps you discover new friends with similar interests.
- It allows you to discover your passions and strengths ~Â These will follow you all through life and help you discover your degree program.
- Sometimes, busier students do better in all areas ~ In some case more free time does not always equal better grades. Being involved will require some organization and time management on your partâ€”but that’s an excellent skill to carry you through your academic career and into the workforce.
Where can I get involved? Here are some ways to get involved on campus:
- Get involved with over 130+ registered UALR Student Organizations.
- Volunteer or participate in civic engagement through several groups on campus, such as Fraternities/Sororities, Scholar Programs, Student Government Association…
- Do an internship or service learning through the Community Connection Center.
- Become a member of the University Program Council and help with programming movies, comedians and entertainers.
- Leadership opportunities are available in every organization and program on campus.
- Learn about various cultural programs and events through International Student Services and Diversity Programs.
- Become a mentor for Non-Traditional students.
- Become a writer, photographer, advertising or business manager for The Forum Student Newspaper.