UA Little Rock Orientation Leaders are your student guides to campus. They help new students connect to campus, find their community, register for courses, find tutors and more.
During New Student Orientation events in the summer, Orientation Leaders work with students and their guests to finalize the admissions process, answer questions about new student on boarding, connect to campus resources and organizations and show new students all about Trojan life.
As an Orientation Leader, you will train during the spring semester to learn more about the university than you ever thought possible. When you become a member of our dynamic team, you develop your leadership skills in a supportive and collaborative environment while having a ton of fun.
Responsibilities as a Orientation Leader:
- Welcome new students and guests to UA Little Rock
- Lead small groups with incoming students and guests
- Explain university processes and procedures
- Represent the university
Benefits of being an Orientation Leader:
- Extensive leadership training
- Communication skills training and workshops
- Network and connections with faculty, administrators and other leaders on campus
- Recognition as a campus leader, leading to new opportunities on campus and in the community
- Make new friends with your fellow Orientation Leaders
Qualifications of an Orientation Leader:
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Satisfactory academic and judicial standing
- Attend all mandatory training dates
- Maintain an undergraduate status with a minimum of 6 credit hours
- Treat others with respect and dignity
- Accommodate special conditions of the position:
- ability to work long hours that begin early in the morning and that end late at night
- ability to conduct tours or remain outside in the heat for periods of time
- ability to guide new students and guests around campus while being a worthy representative of the university
Orientation Leader applications are currently closed. Check back in Fall 2023 for more information on how to apply.
Step 1 – Apply
The first step to becoming a UA Little Rock Orientation Leader is completing the online application. We want to learn more about you and how this role will help you achieve your future goals. After submitting your completed application, you will be asked to sign up for a group and individual interview.
Step 2– Interview Round 1 – Group
During the Group Interview, you will be placed in a small group setting. This interview will include activities that will help us better evaluate your communication skills, work ethic, team management, responsibility, and personal attitude.
Step 3 – Interview Round 2 – Individual
During the Individual Interview, you will meet with the Trojan Transition and Assistance Center team. You will share your skills, previous experience and goals in a more personal setting. This is an opportunity for you to share why you would make an excellent UA Little Rock Orientation Leader.
Step 4 – Orientation Leader Training
If you are selected to serve as a UA Little Rock Orientation Leader Orientation you will then complete the Orientation Leader Training Program (OLTP). During the OLTP, Orientation Leaders will develop their knowledge about UA Little Rock, leadership skills, communication abilities and interpersonal skills.