There is more to the university experience than the classroom. UA Little Rock offers several opportunities to get involved with the program or organization that is right for you. This is a great way to meet other people and add experience to your resume.
Benefits of getting involved in a campus leadership position
- It allows you to become connected to UA Little Rock. Universities are full of resources, but the responsibility is on you to seek them out. Being involved helps you do that.
- It helps build community. Since you are leaving your family and sometimes your friends behind, getting involved helps you discover new friends with similar interests.
- It allows you to discover your passions and strengths. These will follow you through life and help you discover your degree program.
- Sometimes, busier students do better in all areas. In some cases, more free time does not always equal better grades. Being involved will require some organization and time management on your part – but that’s an excellent skill to carry you through your academic career and into the workforce.
Ways to get involved on campus
- Get involved with more than 90 registered Student Organizations.
- Volunteer or participate in civic engagement through several groups on campus, such as Fraternities/Sororities, Scholar Programs, Student Government Association, or the campus garden.
- Become a member of the Student Activities Board and help with programming movies, comedians, and entertainers.
- Learn about various cultural programs and events through International Student Services, Diversity Programs, and the Multicultural Center.
- Become a writer, photographer, or business manager for The Forum student newspaper.
- Become an Orientation Leader.