The Special Meeting Form is required only for off-campus events and should be completed anytime payment or reimbursement for expenses for official functions is anticipated. Examples include, but are not limited to, when the official function is for non-state employees (guest of state), when a reimbursement is made to a UALR employee, when the official function involves faculty and staff, or when meals or lodging are within the area of the employee’s “official station.” (See UALR Official Functions Policy, 205.1 for further information on what constitutes an official function.)
Special Meeting Forms are not required for â€śon-campusâ€ť events. Events on any of the campuses, whether hosted or coordinated by UALR, meet the criteria of being designated an â€śofficial functionâ€ť of the university. Please note that although the form is no longer required for on-campus events, Sodexo still has first right to refusal for all catering on-campus except for the Benton Center and athletic-related events at the Stephens Event Center.
In addition, special attention is needed when completing Section A. Describe event and benefit to UALR or state. This information is required to comply with state regulations (A.C.A. 19-4-903) on reimbursing expenses within the city or town of employeeâ€™s â€śofficial station.â€ť Forms not detailing this completely will be returned.
NOTE: Reimbursement for meals, including sales tax and up to 15% gratuity, cannot exceed the federal per diem rate, as established by the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA).Â A person who works for another state agency, college, or university, is considered a state employee and is NOT a guest of state and per diem rates apply.
The form must be signed by the “requester” and approved by an approver at a higher level (i.e., budgetary head, dean, etc.), before transmittal to the vice chancellor for finance. Forms without the appropriate signatures will be returned. For assistance on completing this form, contact the Office of Finance and Administration at 501.569.3202.
Two versions of the form are available:
The following procedures should be followed to receive payment or reimbursement for expenses for official functions:
- Complete an online requisition in Banner or aÂ Reimbursement Claim FormÂ and submit a completed Special Meeting Form, if applicable, to Procurement Services when the official function is for non-state employees or predominately non-state employees and payment is to be made to an organization, company, or corporation (i.e., restaurant or hotel).
- Submit a TA and a TR-1 with original detailed receipts along with a signed Special Meeting Form, when applicable, if the official function was for non-state employees or predominately non-state employees and payment is to be made as a reimbursement to a UALR employee.
- Special Meeting Forms are not required for on-campus events. Events on any of the campuses, whether hosted or coordinated by UALR, meet the criteria of being designated an official function of the university. However, although the form is not required for on-campus events, the universityâ€™s dining contractor still has first right of refusal for all catering on-campus except for the Benton Center and athletic-related events at Stephens Event Center. Requisitions for off-campus events without a signed Special Meeting Form will be returned.
- When the official function involves faculty and staff only or faculty and staff predominately, the following procedure must be used:
- Function should be held on campus and catered by the universityâ€™s dining contractor. Payment is made through back charge. No travel or requisition forms are required.
- Procurement Services cannot approve direct billing for meals and lodging for UALR employees. The only exception is for lodging using a travel card.
- Direct billing to a hotel or restaurant for official functions for UALR employees must be approved by the associate vice chancellor for finance.
- Direct billing must occur before the official function takes place.