Travel Cash Advances

All travel advance requests are processed through Accounts Payable, as follows:

  1. Traveler completes a Request for Authorization of Travel Expenses (TA) and requests a cash advance by checking the appropriate box above the signature block.
  2. The TA is delivered to Procurement Services for approval.
  3. Once approved, Procurement Services sends a copy to the traveler and a copy to Accounts Payable.
  4. Accounts Payable emails the traveler the Travel Advance Agreement (TAA), requesting they complete and return it to Accounts Payable.
  5. Once the traveler returns the TAA, Accounts Payable processes the travel advance via a check or ACH, as previously designated by the traveler, for 50% of the food and public transportation allowance only. The minimum amount must be at least $100 in order for a travel advance to be requested.
  6. Within five (5) working days after the employee returns to his or her official station, the employee must complete a Travel Expense Reimbursement / Reconciliation Form (TR-1) and submit it to Accounts Payable. The employee will be reimbursed for the total amount claimed and approved less the travel advance. In the event the employee owes any portion of the advance back to the university, it must be paid within five (5) working days after return from the trip. Failure to submit a TR-1 within this time period may result in denial of future travel advances.