Contract Services plays a critical role in the campus community. The contract review manager reviews, negotiates, and executes contracts and agreements in consultation with General Counsel for the Board of Trustees of the University of Arkansas acting for and on behalf of the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
Contracts and Agreements Reviewed by this Office
- Contracts to purchase goods and services, also called supplier contracts, including State of Arkansas Services Contracts (Professional Consultant Services and Technical and General Services Contract).
- Revenue producing contracts and agreements, including sponsored research activities.
- Agreements to support continuing and professional education.
- Agreements for student internships with hospitals, clinics, social service agencies, and school districts.
- Agreements for outside use of the university’s unique facilities.
Submitting Contracts for Review
Using the correct submission process will allow Contract Services to efficiently track the contract to be reviewed and coordinate services with General Counsel and Procurement Services, when necessary, resulting in faster review and approval. Please contact Sheri O’Brien (firstname.lastname@example.org; 501-916-5623) for assistance in the meantime.
- Supplier (expense) contracts should be submitted via the Contract Review Form. A requisition, if needed, will be entered in Workday by the originating department once the contract has been fully executed.
- For multi-year term contracts, a Supplier Contract should be created in Workday prior to requisition to manage the contract documents and monitor spend. Procurement Services or Contract Services can assist with this process.
- Sponsored research agreements and any contract or agreement with external funding should continue to be routed through ORSP. We have an internal process between our offices to handling processing and review of these contracts and agreements.
- All other contracts and agreements (i.e., no cost, revenue) that do not fall under ORSP’s direction should be submitted using the Contract Review Form.
If you are unsure of the correct process to submit a contract for review, please contact Sheri O’Brien, contract review manager (501-916-5623; email@example.com).
Legal Contracting Name
The legal contracting name for UA Little Rock is “The Board of Trustees of the University of Arkansas acting for and on behalf of the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.” Contracts will be unenforceable if contracted using the name of the campus only, per University of Arkansas System Board Policy 300.1 – Contracting Authority. Further, the chancellor and vice chancellor for finance and administration are the only positions authorized to sign on behalf of the university. Finally, Arkansas law and UofA System Board Policy 300.1 require all contracts receive appropriate legal review prior to execution.
Contract Services is located in the Charles W. Donaldson Student Services Center (SSC) on the fourth floor, Office of Finance and Administration, Suite 425.