Contract Services plays a critical role in the campus community. The contract review manager reviews, negotiates, and executes contracts and agreements for the Board of Trustees of the University of Arkansas acting for and on behalf of the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
Contracts and Agreements Reviewed by this Office
- Contracts to purchase goods and services, also called expense contracts, including professional consultant services contracts.
- Revenue producing contracts and agreements, including sponsored research activities.
- Agreements to support continuing and professional education.
- Agreements for student internships with hospitals, clinics, social service agencies, and school districts.
- Agreements for outside use of the university’s unique facilities.
Submitting Contracts for Review
Using the correct submission process will allow the Contract’s office to efficiently track the contract to be reviewed and coordinate services with Procurement Services, when necessary, resulting in faster review and approval.
- For expense contracts that require a purchase order, departments should:
- Enter a requisition.
- Submit the contract as the requisition supporting document via the Procurement Services’ Submit Documents Form.
- Select YES when asked if there is a contract associated with the purchase and then answer the contract related questions that populate.
- The contract will route to the Contract’s office for review and Procurement Services for PO simultaneously.
- There is no need to submit the contract directly to the Contract’s office if it is attached as a requisition supporting document.
- Once the contract is executed, the Contract’s office will forward it to Procurement Services and the PO will then be issued.
- If a PO is NOT needed, expense contracts should be submitted via the Contract Review Form (i.e., the department is using a P-Card or paying from Foundation funds).
- Sponsored research agreements and any contract or agreement with external funding should continue to be routed through ORSP. We have an internal process between our offices to handling processing and review of these contracts and agreements.
- All other non-expense contracts and agreements that do not fall under ORSP’s direction should be submitted using the Contract Review Form.
If you are unsure of the correct process to submit a contract for review, please contact Sheri O’Brien, contract review manager (501-569-8846; email@example.com).
Legal Contracting Name
The legal contracting name for the University of Arkansas at Little Rock is “The Board of Trustees of the University of Arkansas acting for and on behalf of the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.” Contracts will be unenforceable if contracted using the name of the campus only, per University of Arkansas System Board Policy 300.1 – Contracting Authority. Further, the chancellor, vice chancellor for finance and administration, and the provost (for academic related contracts and agreements) are the only positions authorized to sign on behalf of the university. Finally, Arkansas law and UofA System Board Policy 300.1 require all contracts receive appropriate legal review prior to execution.
The Contract’s office is located in the Charles W. Donaldson Student Services Center (SSC) on the fourth floor, Office of Finance and Administration, Suite 425.