Center welcomes new archivist

The UALR Center for Arkansas History and Culture (CAHC) is pleased to welcome Garret Kremer-Wright as the new Research and Scholarly Communications Archivist. A certified archivist, Kremer-Wright, whose background is in Historic Preservation and Public History, joined CAHC in mid-November 2015.

Image of Garret Kremer-Wright, Research and Scholarly Communications Archivist at the Center for Arkansas History and Culture.

Garret Kremer-Wright

“I enjoy the Civil War and researching genealogy.  I have cursory interest in environmental and business history as well,” offers Kremer-Wright. Several subjects which fall well within the collecting policy of the Center.

Additionally, Kremer-Wright will be the lead archivist for arranging and describing the James Guy Tucker, Jr., Papers. The Tucker collection spans over 700 cubic feet and the processing of which is funded in part by a grant from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).

“I’m looking forward to learning about the collections at the CAHC, especially Jim Guy Tucker,” says Kremer-Wright, “Also, I look forward to increasing public awareness of the collections housed at the Center and alerting researchers to new avenues of research that are available in our holdings.”

Says Kremer-Wright, “two things I enjoy about being an archivist is processing collections and assisting researchers with finding information. The satisfaction I get from providing order to an individual’s papers and having a researcher leave happy, confirms that I have chosen the right profession.”

Posted in: News
Read more about: , , , ,