Arkansas Advanced Initiative for Math and Science, Inc., AR AIMS, an affiliate of the National Math and Science Initiative, exists to strengthen the teaching of the AP® mathematics, science, and English courses and to build enrollment and increase the number of students taking and earning qualifying scores on AP® exams in these subjects.
IN THE NEWS
AAIMS now offers specialized PreAP Science Workshops to prepare teachers for the utilization of the new Arkansas Science Standards. For information offered in the specialized workshops click Taking Science Rigor to the New Level. Online registration is now available. (See link in widget to the right).
Taking PAP Science Rigor to the Next Level is AAIMS’ answer to teaching teachers how to use the new science standards. AAIMS offers vast resources including lesson plans and labs, ongoing support, and AAIMS online science WiKis.
NEXT ZOOM SESSION: MATH! SATURDAY, MARCH 11 4 9 AM
|AP Calculus AB|
|1. Derivatives and Graphs|
|2. Big Theorems + Avg and Instantaneous Rates of Change|
|3. Techniques of Integration|
|1. Normal Distributions & Sampling Distributions|
|3. Mixed Review I (semester 1 topics)|
TEACHERS: Contact your AAIMS Content Director for archived recordings.
STUDENTS: See your teacher for the archived recordings.
AAIMS congratulates Siloam Springs Superintendent Dr. Ken Ramey on his selection as Superintendent of the Year for the State of Arkansas, and for his dedicated years of service to the students and staff of the Siloam Springs School District (Siloam Springs is a member of AAIMS-Cohort 7).
ENROLLMENT IN ADVANCED PLACEMENT COURSES LEADS TO HIGHER WAGES FOR ARKANSAS AIMS PARTICIPANTS
7 December 2016
Associated Press (LITTLE ROCK, Ark.) – A new study released today shows that high school students who enrolled in Advanced Placement (AP®) courses, and then graduate from college, realize higher wages than their non-AP® counterparts.
Data Prove AAIMS is the Answer
ONLINE AP PREP SESSIONS ARE BACK!
Arkansas AIMS offers live and recorded AP preparation. We offer online lessons via Zoom.us from expert presenters that target specific skills to enhance learning and quality scores on the AP Exams. These lessons will be offered live on specific Saturdays throughout school year. These live sessions are recorded and access links shared with AAIMS teachers. For access links, AAIMS Schools should contact your content director.
2017 MOCK READING WORKSHOPS
English: January 30-31, 2017–$350-UALR
Math: April 6, 2017–$250-UALR
Science: April 7, 2017–$250-UALR
Non-AR AIMS schools add $100 to registration costs.
2017 AAIMS NEW PAP Science Curriculum Workshop is now offered. Register today for new workshops.
AR AIMS Science has created a new PAP curriculum that aligns with the new approved Arkansas Science Standards. AAIMS has taken the standards and created a specialty workshop for teachers that will provide lesson plans, resources, and support to enable them to implement the standards. AAIMS resources will include materials from the A+ Alabama, Laying the Foundation activities and labs, ACT Aspire practice work, as well as other sources.
AAIMS Is the Arkansas Venue for Laying the Foundation Professional Development. AAIMS offers LTF 4-day workshops Summer 2017 for PreAP Math, Science, English and Elementary, grades 3-5. CLICK HERE for additional information about Laying the Foundation (LTF) Professional Development. Get your entire district vertically aligned to ensure student achievement. Click here for information: Elementary LTF
- June 12-15 – Prairie Grove HS – Year 3
- June 12-15 – SWAESC at Hope – Year 1
- June 19 – 22 – UALR – Year 3
- June 19 – 22 – El Dorado – Year 3
- June 26-29 – SWAESC at Hope – Year 1
- July 11-14 – UALR at Little Rock – Year 1
Science LTF (see above)
- June 12-15 – Elementary English/Social Studies – Ft. Smith – Year 2
- June 12-15 – Elementary Math/Science – Ft. Smith – Year 2
- June 26-29 – Elementary English/Social Studies – SWAESC at Hope – Year 1
- June 26-29 – Elementary Math/Science – SWAESC at Hope – Year 1
Cost is $500. per teacher for AAIMS schools; $600. per teacher for Non-AAIMS schools.
- LTF is content based, incorporates higher order thinking, common core, and new generation science standards.
- LTF aides in preparation for teacher evaluation.
- LTF is approved to count as ADE’s required training for PreAP certification.
Boot Camp PREP–2nd Successful Year!
UA: July 18-22 and UALR: July 25-29
Click here for articles, information for 2015 Boot Camp PREP
AAIMS New Cohort 8
New Cohort 8 Schools! Welcome: Genoa, Huntsville, Jacksonville-North Pulaski, Lincoln, Paragould, Stuttgart
- Cohort 7: Hope, Lonoke, Magnet Cove, Siloam Springs, and White Hall. We are now in 55 schools across the state.
- AR AIMS—70% increase in Qualifying scores from 2008-2015
- AR AIMS—5th in the Country with increases in Qualifying scores in all MSE exams for Minority Students—237% increase
- We are now in 60 schools across the state—18.4% of the high schools
AAIMS/AP SCHOOL CELEBRATION ASSEMBLIES
AAIMS Schools around the state reward students’ success on AP Exams. The students pictured below received at least 1 qualifying score on the 2015 AP Exam. Dr. Ken James AAIMS President, celebrated with Centerpoint High and Star City High Schools:
- 2015 AAIMS 2-DAY CONTENT WORKSHOPS
- Arkansas AIMS Offers NEW CUSTOMIZED Training for 2015-2016!
AAIMS Offers ONLINE AP EXAM PREP
For Titles, Click AAIMS Prep for Website Sheet 2015