Now is the time to join the Trojan family! With world-class facilities, state-of-the-art technology, professors who are leaders in their fields, and access to unparalleled internship opportunities UALR is the place for the serious scholar. The state’s largest metropolitan area provides all the lights and action of big-city living and is filled with some of the nicest people you’ll meet. There is much to do between now and the start of classes. Follow our quick guide for a smooth transition to life as a Trojan!
Apply for admission to UALR:
- Complete an application for admission at apply.ualr.edu. At the end of the application, there is a $40 application fee.
- Tip: Provide a good email and mailing address so you don’t miss any updates!
Submit required documents:
- Your application will be reviewed once submitted, and you will receive a personalized email with a list of required documents. The list varies based on your application type.
- Log in as a returning user on the admissions application page, and view your application status and list of missing and submitted documents.
- Check out the application type that best suits you. Here are the links to each:
Don’t see your application type? Return to the Admissions home page to find your link to more information.
- Keep an eye on your email and mail for an official notification from the Office of Admissions about your admissions status. Questions? Contact us at 501-569-3127 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Testing Services proctors exams for admissions standards and provides placement testing. Credit by examination is also offered. Contact Testing Services at 501-569-3198, or visit their office in the Student Services Center, room 315.
Apply for financial aid:
- After you have been admitted and submitted all required documents, you can receive financial aid at UALR.
- Check out the options available to help you fund your education on the Financial Aid home page, including federal financial aid and UALR merit and private scholarships.
- Tip: Pay attention to deadlines and required materials for each scholarship.
- Complete the YOUniversal application on the ADHE website for state financial aid programs like the Academic Challenge Scholarship.
- Active duty or military veterans who are entitled to the GI Bill should contact our Office of Military Student Success at 501-569-8171 or email@example.com.
Access your UALR accounts:
- Once you have been admitted or submitted a valid FAFSA, you will receive a letter with your UALR ID number (T#) and PIN.
- Log into BOSS at boss.ualr.edu using your UALR T# and PIN. It’s your one-stop, online system for access to:
- Set your password for your UALR email
- View outstanding financial aid requirements
- Accept offered financial aid
- Register for classes
- Pay your bill
- Check your grades
- Need to reset your PIN? Select “Forgot PIN?” before logging into BOSS and provide the information requested. If you still have difficulty, contact the Office of Admissions at 501-569-3127.
- Check your UALR email at mail.ualr.edu using your netID and password created in BOSS. Choose the option to view your usernames/change your passwords to change your passwords.
- Tip: Your email is a primary source of communication at UALR. Check it often or get your emails sent to your phone.
- Taking a class online? Go to blackboard.ualr.edu and enter your netID and password to access your class information.
Apply for housing:
- View our on-campus housing options and policies.
- Complete the application online. You will need your UALR T# and PIN.
- Tip: Applying early increases your chances of getting your preferred hall and roommate!
- Parents: Visit our housing page just for you, including information about keeping your student healthy while living on campus from the American College Health Association and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Meet with an academic advisor before registering for classes.
- Already decided on a major? Find your advisor based on the the list of academic programs by college:
- Undecided? Explore your options in our complete list of degree programs before making your advising appointment. Or, make an appointment with the Office of Undergraduate Academic Advising.
Register for classes:
- Take a look at the academic calendar and note important dates and deadlines, including registration dates for upcoming terms.
- Tip: Register as early as possible to get your preferred class schedule.
- Register for classes online through BOSS. Your advisor may assist you during your academic advising appointment; however, you have the option of registering after your meeting at a time that works best for you.
- Tip: Our online registration guide has video tutorials and troubleshooting suggestions.
Attend new student orientation:
- Visit ualr.edu/newstudents for a list of scheduled orientation sessions.
- RSVP for the date that works best for you. Orientation helps you get familiar with the campus, your new home, and all of the areas and programs that will benefit you during your time as a student.
- Tip: Be sure to grab essentials like your UALR ID card and parking permit while on campus for orientation.
Pay your student bill:
- View your account balance in BOSS. Payment deadlines are updated by the Bursar’s Office and are available online.
- Your account must be covered by pending financial aid, paid in full, or assigned to a payment plan by the payment deadline each term.
- Tip: Pay before the semester’s deadline so you won’t be dropped from your classes.
- Questions? View the Bursar’s Office frequently asked questions page.