Ready to begin your journey at UALR?
CompleteÂ an application for admission and submit the $40 non-refundable application fee.
Submit Required Documents
Submit official copies of the following to complete your application:
- Official high school transcript or GED scores (Freshmen and Freshmen TransfersÂ - transfer students with less than 12 transferable college credit hours) should request that an official high school transcript or GED scores be sent to the Office of Admissions. Only official transcripts will be accepted, and must be submitted in a sealed, stamped envelope or sent via electronic data interchange from the high school.
- Official ACT or SAT scores (Freshmen and Freshman Transfers) Â may need to be submittedÂ from the testing agency (UALR ACT Code 0132; UALR SAT code 6368) if the official high school transcript does not include scores and s/he did not indicate UALR as a score recipient at the time of testing. ACT, SAT, or COMPASS scores must be from tests taken within the last five years. Students have the option of taking the COMPASS test available through UALR Testing Services.
- College transcripts (Transfers and Freshman Transfers)Â Only official transcripts will be accepted, and must be submitted in a sealed, stamped envelope or sent via electronic data interchange from the previous institution. Students may submit an âIn Progressâ transcript from the institution at which s/he is currently enrolled for admission purposes, but will still be required to submit a final, official transcript. Freshmen who completed high school concurrent credit at an institution other than UALR should submit an official college transcript.
- Immunization records: Students born after Jan. 1, 1957, must submit proof of two MMR immunizations.
- Other requirements:
- Students whose native language is not English must provide proof of English language proficiency.
- Military Students should submit military transcripts in addition to all other college transcripts to the Office of Â Admissions. Once notified of the receipt of military transcript, our Military Ombudsman will evaluateÂ the transcript for possible academic credit.
- International students should first contact the Office of International Services at 501.683.7566. The office verifies andÂ posts international transfer credits to the studentâs file, which is then forwarded to the Office of Transfer Student Services whereÂ evaluation of transfer credits towards core curriculum requirements in the studentâs academic major will be applied.
NOTE: Although you may be provisionally admitted for admission, until your admission requirements are complete, UALR cannotÂ accurately evaluate your transfer hours, advise you, or guarantee registration in degree appropriate courses. Also, to receive financialÂ aid your admission requirements and financial aid requirements must be complete.
First-year entering freshman live on campus and are advised to apply for housing early. There are exceptions for students who live with their parents within a 25 mile radius of campus, are married or have dependents, or are 21 years of age or older.
Apply for financial aid and scholarships
Federal Financial Aid
Apply for federal aid online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. You will need to fill out the FAFSAÂ form before applying for state scholarships.
Fill out the YOUniversal scholarship application from the Arkansas Department of Higher Education by June 1 to apply for state and lottery-funded scholarships.
UALR academic and merit scholarships
There are scholarships available for freshmen and transfer students. See which you are eligible for atÂ ualr.edu/admissions/scholarships/Â and then fill out the online scholarship application form.
UALR private scholarships
The deadline for private scholarships is March 1. For additional information about UALRâs privateÂ scholarships, visit ualr.edu/scholarships/private.
Active duty or military veterans who are entitled to the GI Bill should contact our Veterans Affairs Office at 501.569.8171
or email firstname.lastname@example.org. FOLLOW UP on Your Application: Once your admissions application is received, it will be reviewed. Within 3-5Â business days, you will receive a letter identifying additional items you need to submit to complete your application. YourÂ application must be complete before you will be fully admitted to the University and before you can receive financial aid.
Attend New Student Orientation
Attendance at New Student Orientation is mandatory.
Get Academically Advised
Once you are admitted to the university, you need to be advised as to which classes youÂ need to take. In this personalized conversation an advisor will reviewÂ your academic credentials, engage you in academic planning and assist you in course selection.
If undeclared: Contact Undergraduate Academic Advising at 501.569.3386. Pulaski Technical College students can contact theÂ PTC Campus Advising Center, Room 318 or call 501.812.2821.
Declared Majors. Contact your appropriate department to get advised.
Register for Classes
Once advised, go to BOSS and register for classes.