UA Little Rock Military Student Success Center
On December 16, 2016, UA Little Rock opened the Military Student Success Center. The Center was made possible through the generosity of a grant from the Student Veterans of America and Home Depot along with the support from campus leaders, Veterans, students, and Veterans Villages of America.
The Center will serve as a place where military students can socialize, study, and get information about available resources. The 1,634-square-foot facility has a computer area, where military students can do homework, as well as a lounge area and a break room.->(Read More About the Center)
Air Force Students
UA Little Rock is Military Friendly
For the sixth year, UALR has been designated a Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, the leader in successfully connecting the military and civilian worlds.
The Military Friendly® Schools designation process includes extensive research and a data-driven survey of schools nationwide approved for Post-9/11 GI Bill funding. The school survey, methodology, criteria and weightings are developed with the assistance of an independent Academic Advisory Board comprised of educators from schools across the country. The survey is administered for free and open to all post-secondary schools who wish to participate. Criteria for consideration can be found on their website.
UA Little Rock has signed the Voluntary Education Partnership Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) and adheres to the Principles of Excellence to help Servicemembers and their adult family members earn college degrees.
UA Little Rock is also a member of the Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC) an organization that provides educational opportunities to the women and men of the Armed Forces.
Tuition Policy for Military Students
According to University of Arkansas Board of Trustees policy, For the purpose of tuition and fees applicable for all programs of study, including distance learning programs, effective July 1, 2015, all campuses of the University of Arkansas System shall classify a student as in-state or resident, if the student meets any of the following criteria regardless of his or her residence:
- A veteran who was honorably discharged or released from a period of not less than ninety (90) days of active duty in the military, naval, or air service within three (3) years before the date of enrollment in a program of study;
- A dependent1 or spouse of a veteran under paragraph 1.
- A member of the armed forces.
- A spouse of a member of the armed forces.
- A dependent of a member of the active duty armed forces, when the member of the armed forces:
- is stationed in the State of Arkansas pursuant to permanent change of station (PCS) military orders;
- is continuously domiciled in Arkansas for at least six consecutive months before entering active military service and who maintains Arkansas as the permanent home of record while on active military duty, or
- demonstrates a change of bona fide domicile from another state to Arkansas at least twelve consecutive months prior to separation, discharge, or retirement from active military duty. This provision is forfeited if the military person does not return to Arkansas within 36 months after separation, discharge, or retirement from active duty.
1 For the purpose of this policy, dependents are unmarried children who are legal dependents of the military person as defined by the IRS.
No Application Fee
Beginning March 21, 2014, military students do not have to pay the $40 application fee. When applying to UA Little Rock, military students need to look for the portion of the application that asks about military service. Specific instructions will be provided on the application page.
VA Educational Benefits
The UA Little Rock Office of Military Student Success is ready to help you through the paperwork jungle in order for you to use the educational benefits that you have earned. Drop by (Speech Building, Room 111), email (email@example.com), or call (501) 682-8387 to set up an appointment today.
Credit for Military Training
In 2008, our faculty voted unanimously to accept military credit as academic credit whenever possible. The military credit is any credit that is earned through evaluations performed by the American Council on Education and any other accredited military school such as Air University and the Community College of the Air Force.
At a minimum, this military credit will go towards lower-level and/or upper-level elective credit. Whenever possible, military credit will be articulated as an equivalency for academic credit. What does that mean for you? You are able to complete your degree faster.
Contact the Director of Military Student Success today.Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call (501) 682-8387 to set up an appointment today.
We want your experience at UA Little Rock to be the best. We know that each military member has a unique set of educational goals and we want to help you meet those goals. Let us know how we can help you.