National Guard Tuition Waiver

We are proud of our citizen soldiers and airmen. Let UA Little Rock be your university of choice when you go back to school.

Visit the webpage for up-to-date information about your educational benefits.

National Guard Tuition Waiver (NGTW)

The UA Little Rock office that determines eligibility and applies the NGTA benefits to student’s accounts is the Office of Financial Aid. Please contact the UA Little Rock Financial Aid Office if you have any questions concerning the application of the NGTA benefit.

Email: Phone: 501-916-3035

How do I apply for NGTW?

All Arkansas Guardsmen must meet the following eligibility criteria:

  • Be an Arkansas Resident
  • Complete Basic Training
  • Not be currently flagged for serious misconduct (such as AWOL, ASAP, etc.)
  • Not already hold a bachelor’s degree or higher
  • Be enrolled in an undergraduate degree program at an Arkansas public institution of higher education
  • Must be considered to be in “good standing”

Application Process:

What exactly will NGTA cover?

  • Pays tuition
  • May cover mandatory fees
  • Does not cover other fees, books, etc.
  • Pays up to 120 credit hours or until completion of bachelor’s degree, whichever comes first

How is it used in conjunction with Tuition Assistance and VA educational benefits programs?

  • Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA) covers credit hours beyond a bachelor’s degree, pays tuition only, and usually cannot be used in conjunction with the GI BILL®.
  • GI BILL® (Ch 1606) is paid directly to the Soldier and can be used to pay tuition, fees, books, etc., but has strict eligibility guidelines based on each Soldier’s service and in most cases does not have a deadline for requesting funds. The soldier may contact the VA or the Education Services Office to determine eligibility.
  • NGTW CAN BE USED WITH GI BILL®- NGTW will be applied to tuition first so that your GI BILL® can be used to cover all additional costs if you choose to use them both.

NGTW is replacing GTIP so they cannot be used together and no new GTIP applications are being accepted, with the exception of a few grandfathered Soldiers.

Where can I get more information?

Contact the Arkansas Guard Education Office for Tuition Assistance information.



Call: 501-212-4045 (Education Assistant), 212-4021 (ESO), 4652 (NGTW & GI BILL®) or 212-4011 (GI Bill)

The UA Little Rock Financial Aid Office processes NGTA benefits for students’ accounts. Please contact the UA Little Rock Financial Aid Office if you have any questions concerning the application for the NGTA benefit.

Email: Phone: 501-916-3035