Arkansas Advanced Initiative for Math and Science, Inc., AR AIMS, an affiliate of the National Math and Science Initiative, exists to strengthen the teaching of the AP® mathematics, science, and English courses and to build enrollment and increase the number of students taking and earning qualifying scores on AP® exams in these subjects.
IN THE NEWS
Announcing: 2017 Vernier Software & Technology Training
Roberta Watts, AAIMS Science and Technology Consultant is offering teachers Vernier Training. Please click for information.
2017 AAIMS Summer Professional Development is in Full Swing.
AAIMS is offering 20 LTF and PreAP workshops around the state in secondary (6-12)English, math, and science and elementary (3-5) English/social studies, math/science where nearly 650 teachers will become better prepared for achieving student success. The AAIMS calendar and registration links can be found in widgets on the right side of our page.
Highlights from the recent PreAP English Workshop held at Paragould:
Highlights from the recent LTF Math Workshop held at the SWAESC in Hope:
Highlights from the recent PreAP Science Workshop held at the SWAESC in Hope:
If you haven’t already, register today for new workshops:
- NEW PAP Science “Advanced Pathways” Curriculum Workshop prepare teachers for the utilization of the new Arkansas Science Standards. For information offered in the specialized workshops click Taking Science Rigor to the New Level. Online registration is now available. (Also see link in widget to the right). AAIMS has taken the ADE Science Standards and created a specialty workshop for teachers that will provide lesson plans, resources, AAIMS online science WiKis, and ongoing support. AAIMS resources will include materials from the A+ Alabama, Laying the Foundation activities and labs, ACT Aspire practice work, as well as other sources.
- Laying the Foundation Workshops
AAIMS Is the Arkansas Venue for Laying the Foundation Professional Development. AAIMS offers LTF 4-day workshops Summer 2017 for PreAP Math, Science, English and Elementary, grades 3-5. CLICK HERE for additional information about Laying the Foundation (LTF) Professional Development. Get your entire district vertically aligned and better prepared for the ACT Aspire to ensure student achievement. Click here for information: Elementary LTF
- June 12-15 – Prairie Grove HS – Year 3
June 12-15 – SWAESC at Hope – Year 1Closed-FULL
- June 19 – 22 – UALR – Year 3
- June 26-29 – SWAESC at Hope – Year 1
- July 11-14 – UALR at Little Rock – Year 1
Science LTF (see above)
- June 26-29 – Elementary English/Social Studies – SWAESC at Hope – Year 1
- June 26-29 – Elementary Math/Science – SWAESC at Hope – Year 1
Cost is $500. per teacher for AAIMS schools; $600. per teacher for Non-AAIMS schools.
- LTF is content based, incorporates higher order thinking, common core, and new generation science standards.
- LTF aides in preparation for teacher evaluation.
- LTF is approved to count as ADE’s required training for PreAP certification.
AAIMS 2017 AP BOOT CAMP PREP
JULY 17-21, UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS AT FAYETTEVILLE
JULY 24-28, UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS AT LITTLE ROCK
AAIMS New Cohort 9
WELCOME New Cohort 9 Schools! Artkins, Batesville, Benton, Blytheville, Fouke, Ft. Smith Southside, Gentry, Helena/West Helena, Lafayette County, Manila
- Cohort 8 Schools: Genoa, Huntsville, Jacksonville-North Pulaski, Lincoln, Paragould, Stuttgart.
- Cohort 7: Hope, Lonoke, Magnet Cove, Siloam Springs, and White Hall. We are now in 55 schools across the state.
- AR AIMS—70% increase in Qualifying scores from 2008-2015
- AR AIMS—5th in the Country with increases in Qualifying scores in all MSE exams for Minority Students—237% increase
- We are now in 60 schools across the state—18.4% of the high schools
ZOOM SESSIONS will resume Fall 2017. Check with your Content Director or your teacher to access archived sessions in English, math, and science.
AAEA Instructional Leader March 2017, “Introducing AAIMS”
AAIMS congratulates Siloam Springs Superintendent Dr. Ken Ramey on his selection as Superintendent of the Year for the State of Arkansas, and for his dedicated years of service to the students and staff of the Siloam Springs School District (Siloam Springs is a member of AAIMS-Cohort 7).
ENROLLMENT IN ADVANCED PLACEMENT COURSES LEADS TO HIGHER WAGES FOR ARKANSAS AIMS PARTICIPANTS
7 December 2016
Associated Press (LITTLE ROCK, Ark.) – A new study released today shows that high school students who enrolled in Advanced Placement (AP®) courses, and then graduate from college, realize higher wages than their non-AP® counterparts.
Data Prove AAIMS is the Answer
Boot Camp PREP–2nd Successful Year!
UA: July 18-22 and UALR: July 25-29
Click here for articles, information for 2015 Boot Camp PREP
AAIMS/AP SCHOOL CELEBRATION ASSEMBLIES
AAIMS Schools around the state reward students’ success on AP Exams. The students pictured below received at least 1 qualifying score on the 2015 AP Exam. Dr. Ken James AAIMS President, celebrated with Centerpoint High and Star City High Schools:
- 2015 AAIMS 2-DAY CONTENT WORKSHOPS
- Arkansas AIMS Offers NEW CUSTOMIZED Training for 2015-2016!
AAIMS Offers ONLINE AP EXAM PREP
For Titles, Click AAIMS Prep for Website Sheet 2015