This program provides evaluations and therapy for any student wishing assistance. The UALR Speech and Hearing Clinic is accredited in speech-language pathology and audiology and is supervised by certified speech-language pathologists and audiologists. Self, faculty, and external referrals may be made. Evaluations and therapy are scheduled at the faculty member â€™s and studentâ€™s convenience. The clinic is located in the University Plaza, Suite #600. Appointments may be scheduled by calling 501.569.3155.
This clinic has the only diagnostic and rehabilitative training program in audiology in Arkansas.Â Audiological services include:
- testing of hearing and communication skills
- monitoring of hearing problems
- hearing aid evaluations
- hearing aid checks
- training in speech reading, and
- counseling services for hearing-impaired students who may be experiencing difficulty in school because of hearing problems.
Speech and language services include evaluations and therapy in:
- disorders of articulation
- stuttering and cluttering
- voice, and
- organic disorders such as laryngectomy, aphasia, cerebral palsy, and cleft palate.
Some services are available at a reduced charge to regularly enrolled students. In addition, referrals are encouraged from community speech-and hearing-impaired children and adults.