Job Title: Electronics Engineer
Department: Department of the Air Force
Agency: Air Force Materiel Command
Sub Agency: Warner Robins Air Logistics Center
Job Announcement Number:WR1108550507EHAEL-03
$43,883.00 to $47,575.00 / Per Year
Friday, April 01, 2011 to Saturday, March 31, 2012
SERIES & GRADE:
Full-Time – Permanent
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 12
Few vacancy(s) – Robins AFB GA
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED:
Applications will be accepted from United States citizens and nationals.
THIS IS A PUBLIC NOTICE. DO NOT APPLY ONLINE. SEND OR EMAIL ALL DOCUMENTS TO THE ADDRESS LISTED BELOW. IF YOU PREVIOUSLY APPLIED UNDER ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER WR1108550507EHAEL-01, YOU DO NOT NEED TO REAPPLY. THE APPLICANT SUPPLY FILE WILL BE CONSOLIDATED.
Are you looking for a rewarding job with a promising future? Join the Robins Air Force Base Team, a vital part of the Air Force war fighting team and the largest industrial complex in Georgia, employing a work force of over 25,000 civilian, contractor and military members. We are proud of our greater community we call Team Robins Plus. We are looking for highly-motivated team players who are interested in diverse and challenging problems that require innovative solutions. If you want to make a difference, apply now!
This position is being filled under the Expedited Direct Hiring Authority for acquisition positions and is located at Robins AFB GA.
Please send or e-mail all required documentation directly to:
450 3rd Street, Bldg. 323
Robins AFB GA 31098-1640
Travel and permanent change-of-station expenses may be paid.
Recruitment or relocation incentives may be paid.
A secret security clearance is required.
You will serve as a mid-level developmental engineer in support of various assigned programs during all phases of the acquisition cycle in one of the following areas:
Aircraft: Sustaining Air Force aircraft such as the F-15, C-130, C-5, C-17, E-8, Special Operations and Unmanned Aerial Vehicles;
Avionics: Sustaining Air Force Electronic Warfare, Communication, Navigation, Radar and Sensor Systems;
Software: Providing software engineering services required to sustain the aircraft and avionics systems listed above: or
Electronics: Providing electronics design, investigation, and test services in support of the development of hybrid components, circuit boards, and assemblies.
BASIC QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: You must meet one of the following basic qualification requirements:
A. Degree: Have a bachelor’s degree in professional engineering from an Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) accredited school and/or the curriculum included differential and integral calculus and courses (beyond first-year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics; (a) statics, dynamics; (b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics; (d) thermodynamics; (e) electrical fields and circuits; (f) nature and properties of materials (relating particle and aggregate structure to properties); and (g) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics.
B. Education/Experience: Have a combination of education and experience–college level education, training, and/or technical experience that furnished (1) a thorough knowledge of the physical and mathematical sciences underlying professional engineering, and (2) a good understanding, both theoretical and practical, of the engineering sciences, and techniques and their applications to one of the branches of engineering. The adequacy of such background must be demonstrated by one of the following:
1. Professional Registration: Have current registration as a professional engineer.
2. Written Test: Have evidence of having successfully passed the written test required for professional registration or have successfully passed the Engineer-in-Training (EIT) examination and have completed all the requirements for either (a) a bachelor’s degree in engineering technology (BET) from an accredited college or university that included 60 semester or 90 quarter hours of courses in the physical, mathematical, and engineering sciences, or (b) a BET from a program accredited by ABET.
3. Specified Academic Courses: Have successfully completed at least 60 semester or 90 quarter hours of courses in the physical, mathematical, and engineering sciences and in engineering that included the courses specified in ‘A’ above.
4. Related Curriculum: Have successfully completed a curriculum leading to a bachelor’s degree in engineering technology or in an appropriate professional field; e.g., physics, chemistry, architecture, computer science, mathematics, hydrology, or geology and have 1 year of professional engineering experience under the guidance and supervision of a professional engineer. Ordinarily there should be either an established plan of intensive training to develop professional engineering competence, or several years of prior professional engineering-type experience. (Note: Your education/experience will be thoroughly evaluated under this provision. To ensure you receive maximum consideration, you should provide detailed descriptions of professional engineering duties performed under the guidance and supervision of a professional engineer; continuing education/training received; evidence of acceptance in the professional engineering field (i.e., patents, associations, published articles, etc.), and any other relevant factors.)
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Unless otherwise stated, unofficial transcripts on college letterhead are acceptable. (All materials must be submitted at the time of application.)
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the above requirements. You must show proof that the education credentials have been submitted to a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign educational credentials and that such education has been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education programs; or an accredited U.S. state university reports the other institution as one whose transcript is given full value, or full value is given in subject areas applicable to the curricula at the state university. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
You must be a U.S. citizen to qualify for this position.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your resume and transcripts to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. You will be evaluated based on a comparison of the position requirements against the quality and extent of the experience or related education as reflected in your resume. Please include the duties you performed, how they were performed, and give the dates (month/year). The experience, education and training you report should show that you possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
1. Professional knowledge of electrical engineering concepts and principles
2. Knowledge of computer operations and standard software applications
3. Skilled in application of hardware and software electrical engineering knowledge to practical problems
4. Ability to understand, follow and implement guidance and exercise good judgment
5. Ability to understand and utilize basic project management technology, principles, and practices
6. Skilled in written and oral communication
BENEFITS PACKAGE: Working for the Air Force offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, life insurance, health benefits, and participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System. The following Web address is provided for your reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees. To find out more click here http://www.usajobs.opm.gov/ei61.asp.
1. Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) This position is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program and the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan Program (ICTAP). If you are an eligible Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) applicant you may apply for special selection over other candidates for this position. You must be a current or former federal employee displaced from non-DoD Federal agencies (e.g., IRS, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.). Applicants eligible under ICTAP are provided priority selection for vacancies within the local commuting area for which they apply and are determined well qualified. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, current or former Federal employees displaced from non-DoD federal agencies must be rated at 80 or above on the rating criteria for this position. ICTAP eligibles must submit copies of the appropriate documentation as proof of eligibility for special selection priority such as: a RIF separation notice; a ‘Notice of Personnel Action’ (SF-50) documenting separation OR a notice of proposed separation for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area; and the current (or last) performance rating received (the rating must be fully successful or higher).
2. Selective Service Registration: Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 should be prepared to provide information concerning their selective service registration. If you do not have this information, you may obtain it by calling 1-888-655-1825.
3. A newly appointed or reappointed employee may receive service credit for prior work experience or active duty uniformed service that otherwise would not be creditable for the purpose of determining his or her annual leave accrual rate. All creditable service must be directly related to the duties of the position being filled and decisions to allow for such credit must be finalized prior to the selectee’s entrance on duty. The use of this service credit incentive is at the discretion of the selecting official and service credit is granted only for a position deemed hard-to-fill.
4. Employed Annuitants: Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. For more information on this policy please go to http://www.cpms.osd.mil/fas/staffing/pdf/rem_ann.pdf.
5. Candidates hired must also receive required Acquisition Professional Development Program (APDP) certification within 24 months of hire date as required under the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) requirements and meet continuing acquisition education requirements. Additional information may be obtained at http://www.dau.mil/catalog/Appendix_B.pdf.
HOW TO APPLY:
You must submit a complete application package which includes all of the following.
2) Transcripts (Copy must be provided to verify required education)
3) Questionnaire: http://www.robinsjobs.com/SuppQuestAppl-0855EHA.doc
4) If claiming 5 point veterans’ preference, a copy of you DD Form 214 (preferably member 4 copy), which includes character of service or a Statement of Service/Proof of Service which includes service dates, type of separation and character of service. Below is a website for veterans to gain access to their DD-214 online: http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/get-service-records.html
5) If claiming 10 point veterans’ preference, a copy of your DD Form 214 (preferably member 4 copy), which includes character of service, the VA Disability Letter (with percentage of disability) and the SF 15 (Application for 10-point veteran preference) http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf.
For more information regarding veterans’ preference please go to: http://www.opm.gov/veterans/html/vetguide.asp#2Types
All of your documents including your resume, are to be submitted directly to:
WR-ALC/ENRW, 450 3rd Street, Bldg. 323, Robins AFB GA 31098-1640.
Application packages will only be accepted via mail or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include announcement number WR1108550507EHAEL-03 on application package.
Please ensure that all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number and at least the last four digits of your social security number.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
Department of The Air Force
450 3rd St, Bldg. 323
Robins AFB, GA
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH YOUR APPLICATION PACKAGE. IF YOUR APPLICATION (INCLUDING SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS) ARE RECEIVED INCOMPLETE, IT WILL NOT BE REFERRED TO THE SELECTING OFFICIAL.
YOUR APPLICATION PACKAGE WILL REMAIN ACTIVE FOR 180 DAYS AFTER DATE OF RECEIPT AND WILL BE CONSIDERED AS VACANCIES OCCUR. AFTER 180 DAYS A NEW APPLICATION MUST BE SUBMITTED AS/IF NEW PUBLIC NOTICES ARE POSTED.
Your application materials will not be returned. Do not submit original documentation that you may need in the future. Upon receipt of your application package, you will be contacted if further evaluation or interviews are required.
Control Number: 2228446