Director of the Center for Molecular Design and Development
Computational Chemistry/Physical Chemistry
Office Location: SCLB 485
Office Phone: 501-916-6541
Computational Chemistry and Physical Chemistry
Computer modeling techniques of atomic and molecular systems for elucidation of chemical and physical properties
UA-Little Rock Appointments
- Program Coordinator (2022-Present)
- Professor (1996-Present)
- Associate Professor (1993-1996)
- Assistant Professor (1990-1993)
- PhD in Physical Chemistry, Louisiana State University (Baton Rouge, Louisiana)
- BS in Physics, Louisiana State University (Baton Rouge, Louisiana)
Awards and Honors
- Organizing Chairman for the Regional American Chemical Society Meeting in Little Rock, AR on (Atomic and Molecular Modeling and Simulation), (2008).
- Selected by the International Biographical Center in Cambridge, England, biography to be included in the 2000 Eminent Scientist of the 21st Century, 1st Edition.
- Invited Lecturer-Polymer Division Royal Australian Chemical Institute
- Chairman, Chemistry Section, Arkansas Academy of Science 78th Annual Meeting
- Elected to Sigma Xi (National Research Honor Society)
- Elected to Phi Lambda Upsilon (National Chemical Honor Society)
- Marquis Who’s Who in the World (2001-2018)
- Marquis Who’s Who in Science and Technology (1999-2018)
- J. A. Darsey, D. W. Noid, S. K. Mitra, “Correlating Physical Properties of Materials Using Artificial Neural Networks,” Int. J. of Smart Engineering Sys. Design, (2006).
- Pierre Alusta, Inessa Im, Bruce Pearce, Richard Beger, Ryan Kretzer, Dan Buzatu, Jon Wilkes and Jerry A. Darsey; “Improving Proton MR Spectroscopy of Brain Tissue for Non-Invasive Diagnostics”; Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging (JMRI 09-0857.R1), DOI: 10.1002/jmri.22332 (2009).
- William O. Griffin, Josh Hanna, Svetlana Razorilova, Mikhael Kitaev, Avtandiil Alisherov, Jerry A. Darsey, and Olga Tarasenko. “An Artificial Neural Network Evaluation of Tuberculosis Using Genetic and Physiological Patient Data.” AIP Conference Proceedings, Vol 1229, 49-53, (2010).
- Sushma Thotakura, Jerry A. Darsey, “Modeling studies of Geldanamycin and similar compounds to treat Parkinson’s disease”, In BMC Bioinformatics, Proceedings of the Seventh Annual Conference of the Mid South Computational Biology and Bioinformatics Society (MCBIOS) 2010.
- S. Joginipelli, V.K. Melapu, J. A. Darsey “Bioinformatics approach to generate input files for Artificial Neural Networks”, Int. J. of Sci. and Advanced Tech., 4, pp. 30-33 (2014).