The Donaghey College of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathemetics (DCSTEM) will host the first ever “Nerd Night” October 19 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. The event will take place at the Engineering and Information Technology (EIT) Building as well as the Engineering Technology and Applied Sciences (ETAS) Building at UA Little Rock. The free event is open to the UA Little Rock community and to members of the public. Any prospective student who is interested in a Donaghey College of STEM program as well as their families and friends are encouraged to attend to see what DCSTEM has to offer.
Current as well as prospective DCSTEM students will find opportunities in the college including leadership programs, honors societies, research opportunities, careers, and student organizations such as the UA Little Rock ACM. Exhibitors will showcase their opportunities with demonstrations and hands-on activities.
Some of the exhibitors that will be on hand for public demonstrations include:
- Internet of Science of Things (IoT) Lab with Raspberry Pi demonstrations and more
- Emerging Analytics Center (EAC) with a Trojan Man augmented reality demo
- National Society of Black Engineers with ghost rocket demonstrations
- Arkansas Department of Education & Easterseals Arkansas assistive technology gaming system demo
- Department of Computer Science demonstration of opportunities for students