The following information is an abridgement of the Donaghey Student Center’s policies and procedures. This information helps to clarify the mode of operation, maximize the services provided, and assist in the planning of events and individual activities at the Donaghey Student Center. Donaghey Student Center policies and procedures are available at the Donaghey Student Center Information Center.
Mission of the Donaghey Student Center
The Donaghey Student Center establishes a climate that encourages personal wellness and nurtures individuals to be positive contributors to society.
The Donaghey Student Center supports the mission of the university by providing a diversity of facilities, programs, and services to enhance the institution’s educational environment and to improve the quality of college life.
The Donaghey Student Center is a place of convergence which provides a sense of campus community and linkage to the university’s public.
General Policies and Procedures
- Employees of the Donaghey Student Center who identify themselves as a staff member of the Donaghey Student Center have the right and responsibility to enforce the policies of the Donaghey Student Center. Employees are identified by a UALR ID bearing the employee’s full name and title. The Donaghey Student Center administration reserves the right to interpret and waive any rules, regulations, policies, or procedures stated in this document.
- The violation of any policies of the Donaghey Student Center by any individual may subject the individual, and/or the organization the individual may be representing, to the dean of students which could result in any one or combination of outcomes as follows: ejection from the facility; suspension or removal of rights to part or entire facility or activity for a stated period; suspension or removal of rights to stated services of the facility for a stated period.
- The Donaghey Student Center is off-limits to all individuals when the facility is closed unless authorized otherwise by the Donaghey Student Center management.
- Unauthorized intoxicants, drugs, firearms, and gambling in any form are prohibited.
- Approval is needed before use of public facility space for an activity.
- There shall be no use of any form of open flames in the Donaghey Student Center, e.g., candles or matches, without prior approval of the management.
- Concourse walk paths and corridors shall be kept open for the safe passage of guests.
- Alcohol is not permitted in the Donaghey Student Center in accordance with laws of the State of Arkansas and policy and procedures of the University of Arkansas System.
- Guests must wear acceptable footwear and attire at all times unless otherwise specified or allowed by management due to special activities or events. Management reserves the right to determine acceptability of footwear.
- Any sound making devices may not be played at a volume level that would cause discomfort of guests.
- Smoking is prohibited in the Donaghey Student Center. The use of smokeless tobacco is prohibited in all public areas of the Donaghey Student Center.
- Minors 13 to 17 years of age must be supervised by a parent or adult at all times in all parts of the Donaghey Student Center.
- Children ages 12 and under in the Donaghey Student Center must be accompanied by a parent or adult at all times.
- No animals are allowed in the Donaghey Student Center except for animals classified as guides.
- Bicycles, use of skateboards, roller skates, blades, or scooters are not allowed in the Donaghey Student Center.
- Bicycles may not be placed or leaned against any glass surfaces or painted railings on the outside of the building. A bicycle may be impounded by the Department of Public Safety if parked in an unauthorized space or manner or it has been abandoned.
- Food and beverages are permitted in all areas of the Donaghey Student Center except for the UALR Bookstore, Fitness and Aquatic Center, and any areas clearly marked where food and beverages are not permitted.
- Any food and/or beverages served in the Donaghey Student Center must be purchased from the UALR Dining Services. Guests are not permitted to bring in food or beverages for meetings, activities, or conferences without prior permission from UALR Dining Services.
- The Donaghey Student Center is not responsible for any articles lost or stolen within the building. Individuals seeking lost items may check with DSC Information Center or Department of Public Safety. Positive picture identification will be required to claim a recovered item.
- Furnishings, fixtures, equipment, and other property assigned to the Donaghey Student Center shall not be removed from the premises except on approval of management. Conversely, any property not assigned to the Donaghey Student Center shall not be left in the Donaghey Student Center without the approval of the management.
- Disruptive behavior or undesirable conduct by any individual in the Donaghey Student Center may lead to ejection from the facility.
- Video surveillance systems provide recorded coverage within the public areas.
Literature Distribution and Posting
- The distribution and posting of literature or printed material, e.g., posters, signs, flyers, newspapers, is permitted in the Donaghey Student Center as long as there is no interference with normal university operations, activities, and events, and is in compliance with published regulations. Any form of literature may be posted and distributed in the Donaghey Student Center:
- Only in designated areas.
- Only on designated surfaces.
- In accordance with “Campus Signs and Poster Regulations” and “Distribution of Printed Materials” stated in the UALR Student Handbook.
- All literature must have the following information clearly indicated on the front face of the literature:
- The expiration date of the literature. The date of the event or activity appearing on the literature will suffice as the expiration date of the literature.
- The sponsoring agency of the literature and/or event/activity the literature is promoting.
- Literature may not be posted in/on any glass, brick surfaces, walls, floors, ceilings, stairs, railings, doors, furniture, trash cans, elevators, or signs in the Donaghey Student Center.
- Literature posted or distributed must be removed from the Donaghey Student Center within forty-eight (48) hours from the expiration of the literature by the organization originating the literature. The Donaghey Student Center administration reserves the right to remove signs and postings that are in violation of the said policies and procedures herein.
- All events and activities sponsored by a registered student organization must be recorded with the DSC Master Calendar of Events, located at the Donaghey Student Center Conference Services Suite 201, prior to posting and promotion of the event. In addition, registered student organizations and non-university groups must gain the approval of the Office of Campus Life to post material on campus.
- Violation of these regulations may result in possible suspension or termination of the violator’s future privilege for posting and distribution of literature.