Policies and Procedures
Recreational, educational, health, and wellness promotion opportunities are offered at the Donaghey Student Center Fitness and Aquatic Center (FAC) for the benefit of all UA Little Rock students and members. The Donaghey Student Center administration is charged with maintaining a multi-purpose recreation facility open primarily for “informal recreation.” The Donaghey Student Center also attempts to meet the needs of structured recreational activities, instructional activities, Leisure Science programs, and special programs and rentals to maximize facility use year-round.
The Donaghey Student Center has established policies and operating systems to maximize the safety and comfort of guests. Policies and procedures exist for each activity area. Please be aware of and adhere to such policies published by the Donaghey Student Center or posted in activity areas. Failure to comply with the policies and procedures of the FAC may result in suspension of access privileges. Donaghey Student Center staff members are authorized to enforce all policies and procedures as well as regulate facility use.
Health and Safety
If your answer to any one of the following questions is yes, consult your personal physician before engaging in physical activity beyond what you are normally used to.
- Has your doctor ever said you have heart trouble?
- Do you frequently have pains in your heart and chest?
- Do you often feel faint or have spells of severe dizziness?
- Has a doctor ever said your blood pressure was too high?
- Has your doctor ever told you that you have a bone or joint problem such as arthritis that has been aggravated by exercise or might be made worse with exercise?
- Is there a good physical reason not mentioned here why you should not follow an activity program even if you wanted to?
- Are you over age 65 and not accustomed to vigorous exercise?
UA Little Rock identification card is required for members to enter into the Fitness and Aquatic Center (FAC). Access is limited only to the person identified by the card. Misuse of the UA Little Rock identification card will result in the confiscation of the card and may result in suspension of access privileges to the FAC. A member requiring special accommodations may be accompanied by a personal assistant. Spectators of all special events and programs are subject to UA Little Rock policies and procedures.
Access services, special requests for membership, and/or payment must be made at the cashier’s office located on the 1st floor of the Student Services Center.
The FAC, a student and university funded facility, is primarily used by UA Little Rock students, faculty and staff. University guests and affiliates may be granted access by UA Little Rock officials.
Currently enrolled students are automatically members of the FAC for the semester in which they are enrolled. Between semesters and during the summer, students may purchase a membership.
Family membership is defined as a person 18 years of age or older who is a spouse, child, parent. UA Little Rock family members may be issued a membership access card (UA Little Rock identification card).
UALR affiliate is defined as a person 18 years of age or older with an affiliation to the university. UALR affiliates may be issued a membership access card (UALR identification card).
One Day Pass
A one day pass may be purchased for $6.00 by an individual, 18 years of age or older, who presents a valid photo ID. Admission may be purchased in advance through the cashier’s office. Children three years old and younger may enter free.
Wristbands are issued to individuals who purchase a one day pass and must be worn at all times within the FAC. Failure to wear the wristband may result in removal from the FAC.
Minors, 17 years of age and younger, must be supervised or accompanied by a parent, legal guardian, or adult. Youth ages 13 to 17 years in the Aquatic Center must have a parent, legal guardian or adult present in the FAC. Children 6 to 12 years must be accompanied by a parent, legal guardian, or adult in the Aquatic Center. The parent, legal guardian, or adult must always be in full visual sight of the child.
Children 5 years and younger in the Aquatic Center must be accompanied by a parent, legal guardian, or adult in the water with the child. Youth ages 15 years and under may not use fitness equipment without authorization.
General Rules and Regulations
- All guests engage in activities at their own risk.
- The Donaghey Student Center is a smoke-free environment.
- No form of tobacco product is allowed anywhere in the Donaghey Student Center.
- Footwear that marks activity playing surfaces and street shoes of all forms are strictly prohibited.
- Food, beverages, and gum are prohibited in the Center. Beverages in a secured container, e.g., squeeze bottle, are allowed.
- Use of the Center may be altered or restricted during special events. Please consult the event calendar posted in the Donaghey Student Center for the most current schedule. Please observe signs and markers that direct or limit use of the facility.
- The Donaghey Student Center is not responsible for personal belongings present or stored in the Donaghey Student Center.
- You may bring a personal lock to use any of the large lockers in the locker room for storage of belongings. There is no charge for use of the lockers. Lockers must be vacated before the Donaghey Student Center closes for the day.
- Locker term rentals may be made for the duration of each semester. Please note that locker term/semester rentals traditionally expire on the day before the start of each fall, spring, and summer I semesters. At this time, lockers must be vacated or renewed. After such date, contents from expired locker rentals may be removed and disposed.