Is it possible to use a vendor that does not accept the WEX Fleet card?
Yes. The GSA Fleet card has a MasterCard backup. For maintenance and fuel purchases, simply turn the card over and call 1 (866) WEX-4GSA (939-4472). Assistance can also be provided by the Facilities Management Operations and Services center between the hours of 7:30a.m. and 4:30p.m Monday through Friday.
Who is the contact if problems occur during fueling when using my card?
Call 1 (866) WEX-4GSA (939-4472), the number on the back of the card.
How can a customer obtain maintenance using the GSA Fleet WEX card?
For maintenance under $100 – merchants can either electronically accept the WEX Fleet card or call in the transactions to 1 (866) WEX-4GSA (939-4472) to receive a MasterCard number. For maintenance over $100– merchants should phone GSA Fleet PRIOR to doing the work at 1(866)400-0411. Assistance can also be provided by the Facilities Management Operations and Services center between the hours of 7:30a.m. and 4:30p.m Monday through Friday.
Where is the WEX card accepted?
The GSA Fleet WEX INC card is accepted at over 180,000 fueling and maintenance sites in all 50 states, U.S. territories, and Canada. There is a listing of merchants that accept the card at http://www.wexcard.com/fleet/accepting_wex (a nongovernment website). Customers may download the WEX Connect app through either the iPhone App Store or the Google Play store to easily find locations where the WEX Fleet card is accepted.
What types of purchases are authorized?
In accordance with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR 13.1301), the government-wide commercial Fleet Services Card is authorized for the purchase of fuel, maintenance and repair of Government owned/operated motor vehicles. Fleet Services Cards are issued to specific vehicles and should only be used for the vehicle to which it is issued.
- Regular unleaded, self-service fuel for GSA vehicle;
- Immediately consumable items for vehicle (e.g., a quart of oil or washer fluid);
- Required preventative maintenance;
- Car washes – not to exceed regional policy; and
- Mechanical repairs for GSA vehicle to which the card is assigned.
- Premium or full service fueling (unless required by state law);
- Convenience store items, to include maps, air fresheners, food, and more;
- Over-maintenance of the vehicle – ONLY purchase maintenance authorized by GSA Fleet;
- Excessive car washes or details;
- Upgraded tires; and
- Accessories, such as snow plows
What are the responsibilities for safeguarding the card?
- Keep the card in a secure place. It is not permissible to store the card in the vehicle;
- Keep cards out of heat and away from magnets and cell phones;
- Do not keep Driver ID/PIN numbers with the cards; and
- Enter correct odometer reading at the pump;