Alumni Spotlight: Zedralyn Butler

Meet Zedralyn Butler, former graduate student and employee of UA Little Rock MidSOUTH Training Academy. Butler earned her master’s degree in sport management from UA Little Rock Graduate School. Check out her story below!

Zedralyn Butler holding basketball.“I had nothing but a grand experience attending graduate school at UA Little Rock. It had been nearly 10 years since I graduated as an undergraduate at Stephen F. Austin State University. I was very nervous about doing web-based graduate work and I felt I was a little “old school” considering, I wanted to be present in a classroom and I needed to see the teacher. However, it was completely opposite of how difficult I expected it to be.

It was always a goal of mine to go back to school, but my previous job did not allow the time. When I was hired by UA Little Rock – MidSOUTH, I browsed through the graduate programs and thought sport management was perfect! I spoke with advisors from other colleges about this specific program but decided UA Little Rock was much closer in case I needed to come to campus. Also, the UA Little Rock sport management program was around longer. Once I started the program, I realized I had the greatest professor, Dr. Katie Helms. She was so supportive and available for any questions. In addition, the web-based courses were so convenient for me because I had a full-time job and three children: a 7-year-old and 1-year-old twins. In fact, I gave birth to my twins while in grad school. So if I can do it, anyone can!”

Posted in: Alumni Spotlight