Alumni Spotlight: Mahesh Thombre

The UA Little Rock Graduate School is excited to feature recent graduate of the business administration graduate program, Mahesh Thombre. Originally from Pune, Maharashtra in Western India, Thombre dedicated his service to the Air Force and enjoyed a successful career as a human resource director. Despite already holding a master’s degree in personnel management, his aspiration to empower others motivated him to pursue a master’s in business administration. Check out more of Mahesh’s story below!

What is your favorite aspect about your career?
I have always liked interacting with people. I enjoy getting to talk with students who come from diverse backgrounds and making sure that they are being served to full possible extent under my capacity.

What is your proudest accomplishment?
The proudest moment was to walk the graduation ceremony and receive my MBA degree. It was as if all the hard work that I had put in for the last two years had been realized and rewarded.

What makes you laugh the most?
Now a days I laugh the most watching TikTok videos of cats and dogs performing antics and putting on a show for us.

What are your hobbies?
Currently, my concentration is working out in the gym and playing badminton. Of course post completion of my MBA I am also concentrating on reading, apart from the academics.

What was the last book you read?
I recently finished reading the book, The Heat will Kill You First, by author Jeff Goodel. I am currently reading, Small Teaching, by James M. Lang.

Posted in: Alumni Spotlight