A. Waiver of Rules
- Any provision of these Academic Rules can be waived or modified by the Dean or the Dean’s designee (who may be an individual or a standing or ad hoc committee of the faculty) if the Dean or the Dean’s designee determines that failure to waive or modify such provision would place the Law School in violation of law.
- Before waiving or modifying any provision pursuant to section (a) of this Rule, the Dean or the Dean’s designee should consult with any appropriate committee of the faculty (not including the student members of such committee), or with any appropriate ad hoc committee, to the extent such consultation is practicable and would not place the Law School in violation of law.
- After waiving or modifying any provision of the Academic Rules pursuant to section A 1 of this Rule, the Dean or the Dean’s designee should notify the faculty of any such waiver or modification, to the degree such notification can be given without placing the Law School in violation of law. For example, the faculty might be advised that a particular Academic Rule had been waived or modified without naming the student on whose behalf such waiver or modification was granted.
B. Effective Date
- These rules shall go into effect on August 26, 2002.
- Revisions to these rules will go into effect on the date of their approval by the faculty or on some other date as specified by the faculty.
Revised: 9/9/04, 12/14/04, 6/05/06, 3/13/07, 4/10/07, 3/11/08, 5/11/09,11/9/09, 04/14/2011, 09/12/2011, 1/23/2012, 5/14/2012, 6/29/2013, 10/4/2013, 3/14/2014, 4/11/2014, 5/9/2014, 8/18/2014, 3/9/2015, 4/9/2015, 5/11/2015, 9/21/2015, 2/8/2016, 5/9/2016; 11/14/2016; 1/9/2017; 2/13/2017; 5/12/2017