UA Little Rock William H. Bowen School of Law has two Legal Writing Specialists who assist students with basic legal writing techniques designed to ensure law school success. Writing assistance may include individual counseling, identification of areas for improvement and development, general drafting and grammar assistance, and time management techniques for writing projects and overall law school workload. We are available to provide writing assistance throughout your law school career.
Writing assistance may include the following services:
- Individual counseling;
- Identification of areas for improvement and development of a strategic writing improvement plan;
- General drafting and grammar assistance and instruction; and
- Time management techniques for writing projects and overall law school workload.
September 8, 2023: IRAC/CREAC
September 29, 2023: Topic Sentences/ Grammar
October 13, 2023: Citation and Editing
October 27, 2023 : Exam Writing and Memo Q & A
Time and location for all workshops*:
Friday Courtroom | 12:45-1:30 p.m. | Recorded for later viewing
*Exam Writing and Memo Q&A workshop will be held in Room 323
UALR Bowen Writing Lab TWEN page
- Add the page to your courses.
- Get resources, tips, and announcements.
- Use the forum to submit general questions and get answers from the writing specialists. Learn from others’ questions.
- Make individual appointments.
- See upcoming events.
Make an Appointment
- Go to TWEN Page – UALR Bowen Writing Lab.
- Click email (envelope) icon on main page.
- Include the following information in your email: name, RWA professor, and preferred day/time to meet.
University Writing Center
Bowen Students may also receive writing assistance from the UA Little Rock University Writing Center located in the Student Union B (SUB) Room 116 on the UA Little Rock main campus. For more information about the University Writing Center and the services they provide please call 501-916-3343.