Grad With Legacy Finds Degree a Perfect Fit

Ever wonder who is behind handy websites that allow customers to ask questions, pay bills, and tweak their services? Meet Stephanie Boccarossa, a 2010 UALR graduate in information science.

Little Rock native Boccarossa joined Windstream Communications this month as a digital customer experience specialist II/senior specialist responsible for leading initiatives to drive revenue, engagement, and retention objectives through the windstream.net website and through other online support tools and services.

“UALR helped provide me with a strong academic basis for where I am today,” Boccarossa said. “With the technical and analytical skills I received from my undergraduate degree in information science and my graduate studies thus far in information quality, I found this job at Windstream to be a perfect fit. My broad skill set in digital graphics, digital media marketing, and information technology have adequately prepared me.”

The former Donaghey Scholar has just finished the first year of her master’s program. Boccarossa expects to graduate in 2013. And she is not done yet.

“After graduation, I plan to continue my job here at Windstream,” she said. “I also have hopes of continuing my educational studies at UALR by pursuing a Ph.D. in integrated computing.”

Boccarossa is continuing a family tradition. Her father, Larry Boccarossa, earned a law degree from the UALR William H. Bowen School of Law in 1990, and her uncle, Robert P. Richardson, is a 1994 graduate from UALR’s College of Professional Studies.

Once Stephanie finishes her M.S. degree, she will join her sisters Ashley Boccarossa McNatt and Jennifer Boccarossa as two-degree UALR alums. Ashley earned a B.S. in 2007 and an M.S. degree from the College of Professional Studies, and Jennifer earned a B.A. and a master’s degree in education.