University of Arkansas at Little Rock
Policy Name: Event Sponsorship, Table, and Ticket Purchase Policy
Policy Number: LR 206.8
Effective Date: July 1, 2012
Revised Dates: –
Most Recent Review Date: –
Event sponsorship, table, and ticket purchases to external community events are necessary advancement functions. Resources for such purchases are limited and can only be expended from foundation funds. The intent of this policy is to ensure responsible institutional stewardship of available budgeted foundation funds.
External Fundraising Events
The Charitable Events Committee, appointed by the chancellor, will make decisions based on the following criteria.
- The person(s) making the request or person being honored must have made significant financial, professional, or other contributions benefiting the institution.
- Requests narrow in nature, and specific to a particular campus unit will be the responsibility of the campus unit.
- Requests for event participation by UA Little Rock faculty or staff serving in volunteer leadership positions for the sponsoring organization will not be considered by the committee.
When appropriate, the committee will seek UA System Office, UAMS, Cooperative Extension Service, and Clinton School partners to share the cost.
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock will not participate in multiple table purchases. Individual units participating of their own accord are requested to notify the committee administrator.
Internal Fundraising Events
- All sanctioned UA Little Rock fundraising events will provide two complimentary tickets to the Office of the Chancellor.
- The sponsoring unit and the Office of Development will determine the appropriate number of complimentary tickets required to staff the event.
Requests for financial participation in political candidate or political party events will not be considered by the committee.
The committee recognizes that exceptions occur and will make decisions in the best interest of the institution.
Source: UA Little Rock Office of Development
Approved By: Chancellor Joel E. Anderson and Direct Reports Group, June 5, 2012
Custodian: Office of Development