University of Arkansas at Little Rock
Policy Name: Distribution for Increases in Distance Education Tech Fee Revenue
Policy Number: LR 602.1
Effective Date: April 2, 2010
Revised Dates: February 22, 2023
Most Recent Review Date:
The Distance Education Technology Fee is paid by students taking online classes in order to support online learning at UA Little Rock. These funds go to support three units on campus: STaR, ExP’s main office, and the Ottenheimer Library for the purchases of online database licenses.
Whenever there is an increase in the DE Technology Fee revenues, the increase will be distributed as follows:
NOTE: In those years in which the university awards them, merit raises for full-time STaR staff would come out of the increased revenues first, since those positions are funded via the DE Tech Fee. The following percentages would apply to the remainder.
- Ten percent (10%) would go to the Ottenheimer Library to cover increases in licenses and/or additions to the online databases.
- Thirty percent (30%) would go to STaR to be divided equally between their Learning Management System and their salary reserve lines. The former will go to cover increases in Blackboard, etc., licenses and other expenses. The latter will be used, in the short-run, through internal transfers, to cover additional part-time workers to cover the Bb student help desk.
- The remaining sixty percent (60%) would go to the ExP main budget, to be distributed as follows:
- Twenty percent (20%) to the Innovation Fund to help fund the development of new courses and programs.
- Ten percent (10%) to the maintenance budget to help offset the increase in maintenance transfers to the colleges resulting from the increase in SSCH that generated the additional revenue.
- Thirty percent (30%) to the lecturer budget to offset the increase in course offerings to meet the increased demand that the increase in SSCH represents.
Source: Administrative Memo from Dr. Musun to Dr. S. Robertson & Dr. Belcher, March 19, 2010
Approved By: Dr. Robertson and Dr. Belcher, April 2, 2010
Custodian: Office of Extended Programs