Name Changes – LR 514.14

Back to Student Affairs

University of Arkansas at Little Rock
Policy Name: Name Changes
Policy Number: LR 514.14
Effective Date: April 1, 2010 (review date)


U.S. Citizens

In order to comply with a number of government agency reporting requirements, the university must record each student’s name as it appears on his or her Social Security Card. Students who need to change their names on UA Little Rock records must complete a name change form (available at the Office of Records and Registration) and present a Social Security Card and picture identification when submitting the form. After the change is implemented, the name on the UA Little Rock transcript or other document will read as printed on the Social Security Card. If the Social Security Card is incorrect, students must change their records with the Social Security Administration Office first. No changes will be made to the UA Little Rock record until a new Social Security Card is issued and presented to the Office of Records and Registration.

International Students

International students who need to change their names on UA Little Rock records should consult with the director of Records and Registration, who will specify appropriate documentation.

Source: UALR Undergraduate Catalog 2009-10, p.33
Approved By: VCESS, April 1, 2010
Custodian: Office of Records and Registration