Trojan Tutoring will provide in-person peer tutoring starting spring term 2022 in the Ottenheimer Library. Trojan Tutoring is provided for General Education/Core Curriculum subjects and courses (generally 1000/2000 level courses that are not already provided by existing tutoring services or centers i.e. composition, math, and communications.
Apply to become a Trojan Tutor
Apply online through Workday – search “tutor”
Information about becoming a Trojan Tutor
The Peer Tutor
- Designs an individualized approach to the tutorial session
- Explains the steps taken to understand the information and concepts
- Facilitates tutee insight into the underlying thought process to promote independent learning
- Builds students’ confidence as they integrate effective learning and study strategies
- Shares effective study skills such as note-taking, time management, and test-taking strategies
- Help your peers
- Stay fresh on important concepts you have learned
- Develop leadership skills
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Gain valuable skills that will help you pursue your calling
- Earn $13.50 an hour
- Must be a currently enrolled UA Little Rock student in good academic standing (plus enrolled for spring 2022 semester)
- Undergraduate and graduate students may apply (Graduate students with a 20 hour/week assistantship are not eligible for employment.)
- Completed 12 credit hours at UA Little Rock (at least one semester) prior to job start
- Minimum 3.0 Cumulative GPA
- Received an “A” or “B” in the course(es) you wish to tutor.
- Recommendation from 1 UA Little Rock faculty member who has taught you in courses you wish to tutor (if you wish to tutor in multiple courses, you will need a recommendation for each course)
- Eligible to work in the United States (We consider hiring all students, including Federal Work-Study students)
INTSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING: Use the link listed below and navigate to Workday. Using your UA Little Rock Log In credentials sign into Workday and fill out the application for Trojan Tutoring. Please note that the Workday Application requires you to submit these documents listed below. These documents must be included in your application to be considered for this position.
Completed applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis. (Applications MUST include a completed faculty recommendation per course/subject area). Applicants are selected for interviews according to the courses they tutor and current need in Trojan Tutoring. If we don’t have a need for the courses you offer at this time, we will keep your application on file for review in future semesters.
Questions? Contact the Director of Trojan Tutoring at Trojantutoring@ualr.edu