Due Dates and Forms
Deadlines for Tuition Discount Forms for the terms are as follows:
- Discount forms for each term are due on the last day of normal registration at 4:00 p.m. to avoid late fees and will not be accepted after last day of late registration at 4:00 p.m.
- See the registration guide published by the Office of Records and Registration for upcoming semester deadlines.
Tuition Discount Forms are required to be submitted each semester.
Forms received after the last day of Late Registration will NOT be approved. Late fees/penalties are assessed after Regular Registration ends. New employees must be hired by the first-day of class in order to be eligible for this discount. View Academic Calendar.
UA Board Policy 440.12 allows each campus in the UA System to provide a tuition waiver (discount) for employees, employee spouses, and employee dependents.
Full-time employees, as defined by UA Board Policy 440.12, of the University of Arkansas at Little Rock, their spouses, and their dependents are eligible for these tuition discounts. The discount applies to tuition only; all applicable fees must be paid in full for enrollment. The discount applies to credit classes only; audits are on a space-available basis.
Employees must have supervisor approval and may take only one (1) course during normal working hours in lieu of his/her lunch hour. No more than 11 credit hours per Fall/Spring term, 3 credit hours during a single summer term, or a total of 6 credit hours for all summer terms combined may be taken at the discounted rate.
Employee tuition discount applies to any undergraduate or graduate (masterâ€™s-level) course of study, except for following programs:
- the Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA),
- Law (JD), and
- all doctoral programs (EdS, EdD, PhD).
Employee discounts are 90% of tuition for classes taken at UALR (you pay 10% and all applicable fees) or 70% of tuition for classes taken at any other UA System campus (you pay 30% and all applicable fees). Fees are not discounted.
Employees enrolled in electronically delivered courses such as CIV, Internet, web based, or distance education are eligible for waiver benefits on regular tuition (10% of the cost of tuition for courses offered by the employee’s campus, or 30% of the cost of tuition for courses offered by any other University of Arkansas campus). In addition to this tuition cost, the employee will pay the difference between the cost of regular tuition and the tuition charge for distance education courses.
Spouses and Dependent Children
Spouses and dependent children are eligible for a tuition discount for classes taken within the UA System campus (Fees are not discounted). Spouses and dependent children may take up to 132 undergraduate credit hours at the discounted rate.
Discounts for spouses and dependent children are 50% of tuition for classes taken at UALR (you pay 50% and all applicable fees) or 40% of tuition for classes taken at any other UA System campus (you pay 60% and all applicable fees). Fees are not discounted.
Spouses and dependent children enrolled in electronically delivered courses such as CIV, Internet, web based, or distance education will pay 50% of the cost of regular tuition for courses offered by the employee’s campus, or 60% of the cost of regular tuition for courses offered by any other University of Arkansas campus. In addition to this regular tuition cost, the spouse/dependent children will pay the difference between the cost of regular tuition and the tuition charge for distance education courses.
Note: Graduate courses are not discounted for spouses or dependent children.
- Download and complete the latest tuition discount form and AR consent form (see forms above).
- Acquire necessary supervisorâ€™s signature and dean/directorâ€™s signature on Employee Tuition Discount Form, if applicable. (A listing of courses is no longer required.)
- Submit form(s) to the Office of Human Resources.
- The Office of Human Resources will verify UALR employeeâ€™s employment. All other campuses must have employment verified by a human resources officer at the employeeâ€™s place of work before being submitted to the UALR Office of Human Resources for verification of program eligibility.
- The Office of Human Resources will send the form to the Student Account’s office to apply the discount.