Arkansas Victim Assistance Academy
July 15-19 2013
The mission of the Arkansas Victim Assistance Academy is to provide comprehensive, foundational training to professionals throughout Arkansas who routinely deal with victims of crime.
This academy is ideally suited to Professionals in the following fields:
· Criminal Justice
· Juvenile Justice
· Victims Services
· Victim Advocacy
· Court and Legal Professions
· Law Enforcement / First Responders
· Medicine / Health Professions
· Teachers / Professors / Administrators
· Community Service Agencies
· This is a 40 hour , one week professional level academy designed to provide victim service providers with intensive training tailored to the needs of Arkansas.
· Cost is $250/person.
· Curriculum includes the history of victim advocacy, dynamics of the criminal and juvenile justice systems from arrest through post-sentencing, victim points of contact, mental health needs, legal issues for victim advocates, working with VINE, domestic violence and orders of protection, child victimization, sexual assault victims, cyber crime, working with rural victims, substance abuse and victimization, and vicarious victimization.
· This is a highly competitive process. The academy can only accept a maximum of 50 students. All applicants will be contacted in early June regarding acceptance.
· The application process will open soon. For more information contact Jennifer Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org