Middle Childhood Education B.S.E.
Middle Childhood Education
Admission: The following are minimum criteria for consideration for admission to these programs. All applicants must:
- Be formally admitted to UALR;
- Have completed the University Core with a cumulative GPA of 2.65 or greater;
- Submit official Praxis CORE results that meet the state minimum
- Once admitted, students in Middle Childhood Education programs are required to maintain a 2.65 grade point average, with at least a C in all professional courses (this includes all courses associated with the licensure/degree plan). In addition, students professional behaviors, content knowledge, and classroom performance will be evaluated throughout the program.
- Successful completion of the licensure program is not based solely on the number of course credits, but requires demonstration of specified professional knowledge, skills, and behaviors.
- While a student may require additional time to meet some performance expectations, the faculty may limit that time and reserves the right to remove a student from the licensure program should appropriate progress not be demonstrated.
Recommendation for Teacher Licensure
Applicants must provide the following items to the Office of Teacher Licensure:
- A completed license application form.
- An official UALR transcript showing the date the degree was granted.
- Official transcripts from all other institutions attended.
- Appropriate Praxis II scores.
- State Police and FBI record checks.
- Completion of all courses on degree plan with grades as required and passing Praxis scores
- Entry of all required artifacts into Chalk and Wire and submission of these artifacts for assessment in Chalk and Wire.
Middle Childhood Education B.S.E.has four content areas:
1. Math 2. Science 3. Social Studies 4. Language Arts
- Students may select any two content areas for licensure.