Travel Advances

All travel advance requests are processed through the Bursar’s Office. To receive a travel advance you must submit the yellow copy of your Travel Authorization to the Cashier’s Office at least three days prior to your departure. A check will be produced for 50% of the food and taxi allowance only on your Travel Authorization and you may pick it up at the Cashier’s Office one day prior to your departure. The minimum amount must be at least $100 in order for a travel advance to be requested. If you receive a travel advance, a TR1 must be filed within five business days after you return from your trip. Failure to submit a TR1 within this time period may result in denial of future travel advances.