The Cooperative Education Internship & Placement Office partners with employers to provide meaningful work-integrated learning opportunities for qualified students.
- Employers have access to a year-round supply of well-trained and highly motivated students.
- Employers can hire Co-op students who will contribute their specific knowledge to a special project.
- Employers can participate in cost-effective recruiting.
- Employers are able to evaluate potential full-time hires without a long-term commitment.
- Employers can contribute to a student’s college education.
Steps to Hiring a Co-op Student
Follow these six easy steps to hiring a co-op student and leave the rest to us!
- Prepare a Job Description – pay range and academic relevancy are required.
- Submit Job description – send to Michelle Goza, job development specialist. Complete the online form, e-mail to Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to (501)569-3588.
- Review Resumes – once your position is approved, you will receive resumes of qualified students.
- Schedule Interviews – you can contact the students directly or allow us to coordinate on-campus interviews.
- Hire a Co-op Student – please inform our office of a decision to hire within 48 hours.
- Complete Assessments – supervisors will complete two student assessments and participate in a site visit during the semester.
For more information about hiring a Co-op student, call (501)569-3584 or e-mail email@example.com.