(received in an email today:)
We are pleased to announce that the application period for the White House Internship Program is now open. The application deadline for the Summer 2013 program is January 27th, 2013.
If you or someone you know meet the following criteria, they are eligible to apply for this life changing experience:
Applicants must be U.S. citizens, 18 years of age on or before the first day of the internship, and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at a college, community college, or university (two-to-four year institution)
- Graduated from an undergraduate or graduate program at a college, community college, or university (two-to-four year institution) no more than two years before the first day of the internship
- A veteran of the United States Armed Forces who possesses a high school diploma or its equivalent and has served on active duty, for any length of time, in the two years preceding the first day of the internship
All White House Interns are expected to intern full-time for the entire term of the program.
- The White House Internship Program is an unpaid program
- Interns will be expected to work from approximately 9:00 AM-6:00 PM, Monday-Friday
- Hours may vary by office
If you or someone you know are interested in this great opportunity, please see application materials and frequently asked questions at the the following website:
Thank you for your continued support of young people with disabilities in attaining their dreams. If you have any questions, please let me know.
TaKeisha S. Walker MA, MS
Director of Workplace and Leadership Programs
American Association of People with Disabilities
2013 H Street NW, 5th Floor
Washington, DC 20006