The mission of the Educational Administration and Supervision (EDAS) Program at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock is to prepare school leaders for advanced degrees of Master of Education, Educational Specialist, and Doctor of Education and/or to provide the courses required for licensure in Arkansas elementary principal, secondary principal, superintendent, or central office administrator, or supervisor.
The Program strives to: (1) develop the intellect of our students; (2) discover and disseminate knowledge; (3) enhance awareness in the scientific, technical and cultural arena, (4) and; instill a desire for lifelong learning. Also, the program is committed to the development of effective citizenship with particular emphasis on service to the community and respect of all persons.
Our goal is to prepare educational leaders of diverse backgrounds. Each educational leader requires knowledge, skills, values, and commitment appropriate for administrative leadership, policy, instructional, and research roles in a pluralistic, interdependent, and global society. Our graduates should be competent in the field of educational administration, both in understanding of theoretical concepts and in relating them to practice in administrative activities.
The Educational Administration and Supervision program will prepare an effective school administrator who:
- Promotes the success of all students by facilitating the development, articulation, implementation, and stewardship of a vision of learning that is shared and supported by the school and community;
- Acts with integrity, fairness, and ethics;
- Employs good oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrates the ability to use technology, telecommunications and information systems to enrich curriculum and instruction;
- Employs knowledge of financial management;
- Exhibits proficiency in problem solving, strategic planning, change process and personnel administration;
- Utilizes current research in curriculum and school improvement efforts to provide relevant staff development.