One position available
The part-time non-exempt Service Desk Technician provides tier 1 support to internal Southwest Power Pool customers to resolve technical issues and fulfill technical requests. Works directly with the Customer Relations team to resolve external customer and member technical issues. This is accomplished through the use of customer service skills and by delivering results in a timely manner.
- Takes calls directly from SPP staff
- Creates Remedy tickets, communicates status of requests and engages appropriate resources
- Performs Incident Management based on predefined procedure
- Works with higher levels of support to ensure solutions are well documented and placed in the Remedy Knowledge Management system for use in solving future incidents
- Sets the appropriate service expectations with the requester of services in the process of managing the Remedy ticket
- Assists the IT Department with documentation, process improvement initiatives and ad-hoc requests
- Assists the Manager, Information Technology/Service Management as required
- Knowledge of basic computer operation required
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of and compliance with SPP Policies and Procedures
Customer service experience
All applicants must complete an SPP application and submit two letters of recommendation. Interested applicants should contact Kelley Bass, EIT Assistant Dean for External Affairs, at email@example.com or 501-682-8137, to get assistance with resumes and get a copy of the SPP job application.