Dean – Dr. Eric Sandgren
Dr. Eric Sandgren is the Dean of the Donaghey College of Engineering and Information Technology (EIT). He assumed the post July 1, 2011, upon the retirement of EIT Founding Dean Mary L. Good.
Dr. Sandgren received his Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from Purdue University in 1977. His work history includes:
- Four years as a staff engineer for IBM
- Six years as an assistant professor and associate director of the Design Productivity Center at the University of Missouri in Columbia
- Three years as an associate professor of mechanical engineering at Purdue University
- Seven years as Director of Advanced Engineering at TRW Steering and Suspension Systems
- Four years as professor and chairman of Mechanical Engineering at Virginia Commonwealth University
- Seven years as Dean of the Howard R. Hughes College of Engineering at the University of Nevada in Las Vegas
Dr. Sandgren has received many prestigious awards, including the Robert H. Kohr Award in 1975, the Senior Convocations MAE Outstanding Teacher Award in 1982 and 1983, and the NSF Presidential Young Investigator Award in 1984.
Abhijit Bhattacharyya, Ph.D.
Associate Dean and Professor
Executive Director of Finance and Administration
Recruitment & Outreach Coordinator
Director of Student Services & Retention
Senior Recruitment and Outreach Coordinator
Director of Development and External Affairs
Academic Support Specialist (Graduate Programs)
Web Services | Information Technology Program Coordinator