Please answer the following questions in assessing your development within the discipline. Please refer to specific courses and/or professors. Please mention specific topics or areas of study, and/or specific activities such as term paper or research project assignments.
- Give examples from two different courses that led to knowledge of major movements, periods, and authors in British, American, and other literatures.
- Give an example from a course that led to a general knowledge of the grammatical structure of English and/or the historical development of the language.
- Give examples from two different courses that led to a working knowledge of literary terms, the major reference tools, and literary criticism and scholarship.
- Give examples from two different courses that led to your ability to think, discuss, and write critically about literature.
- Give examples from two different courses that led to a broadening or change in your intellectual interests.
- Comment on the advising you received from administration, staff, and faculty.
- Comment on the encouragement you received from teachers and administrators.
- What is your overall assessment of the effectiveness and usefulness of the education and training you received as a UALR English major?
- If you have participated in any aspect of the William G. Cooper, Jr., Honors Program in English (e.g. taking a Cooper seminar, working on a Cooper project), please comment on your experiences.
- What would you change to make the experience of a UALR English major better?