News

Features

Sports

Entertainment

Video

Home » Entertainment

Cheap thrills in the Rock

Submitted by Melissa Ibbotson on January 20, 2011 – 2:15 pm2 Comments

Image courtesy of www.madhedgefundtrader.com.

Little Rock is a city thriving with entertainment and a person can find a plethora of fun things to do on any given day. The key is to try to spend as little money as possible. That’s where this column comes in.

The problem many college students face is what to do at night and on the weekends, and let’s face it, the majority of college students are broke. So my hope is that this column can help you find some cheap thrills, and maybe you’ll learn something along the way.

Each week, I will feature a venue and will highlight some of the events they have going on. It could be a museum, theater, art gallery or anything else of interest. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to let me know. You can email me at mkfriend@ualr.edu or find me in the Forum Office, DSC Room 201J.

This week will be just a bit different, since we’re just getting started. I’m just going to highlight one event that’s happening right now.

The Arkansas Studies Institute, located downtown at 401 President Clinton Ave., is currently hosting an exhibit titled “Lincoln: The Constitution and the Civil War.” The exhibit will leave you with a better understanding of who President Lincoln was and how the Civil War affected the country. Admission is free, and the gallery hours are Monday – Saturday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. The exhibit will be shown until Jan. 28.

2 Comments »