Features

Sports

Entertainment

Video

Home » Entertainment, Featured

Birds of a feather, are angry together

Submitted by Tony Howard on August 23, 2011 – 8:05 amNo Comment

Illustration by Elizabeth Armstrong

What started out as a past time has turned into one of the biggest franchises in the entertainment field – Angry Birds has most iPhone users hooked on games and the franchise is now something bigger.

I never knew what Angry Birds was until I played the game on a friend’s iPhone – I was immediately hooked and ran to my phone to download it for myself. Angry Birds was created by Rovio Mobile and was first released to the iPhone in December 2009 and has now been released to more popular cell phones with the latest being the Window 7 phone. Since then, according to Apple.com, over 12 million copies of the game have been purchased via phone applications.

There are many versions of this game such as the standard versions, the Rio version, holiday versions and they also offer many free versions of the game. With the success of this game, Angry Birds has since been created for desktops as well as gaming consoles. There have even been talks of a movie and a TV show , but nothing concrete yet.

This franchise is becoming so big that its characters have even been included in other product’s commercials with Bing, Nokia and T-Mobile being just a few.
Now, Rovio Mobile has inked a deal with the famous gaming and toy company Mattel and together they bring you the first ever Angry Birds game which is played just like UNO.

Whoever thought a simple game about birds being shot across the screen through a slingshot at pigs would become so big and would turn into something so addicting? Haven’t been angry lately? Well maybe you need to play Angry Birds.

Comments are closed.