News

Features

Sports

Entertainment

Video

Home » Entertainment

Something about app draws you in

Submitted by Clayborn Waters on April 20, 2012 – 7:00 amNo Comment

“Angry Birds,” “Temple Run,” and “Instagram” had their time to shine, now all of the attention is turned toward a new addicting app called “Draw Something,” created by OMGPOP.

“Draw Something” was released Feb. 6 and is downloadable for iOS and Android devices. On “Draw Something,” users can pick their opponents by signing on to their Facebook, Twitter or with the assistance of a username. Every player gets a turn to draw a picture and guess it. Every time you get the sketch correct, users get free coins. The coins can buy bombs, which are used to skip a word if you have difficulties understanding or drawing it.

The app has two versions: one is free and the other costs 99 cents for a limited time. With the purchase of the paid version, no ads will be in your way, you get an extra 400 coins and 2,000 words to draw from.

The good thing about “Draw Something” is that there are no drawing skills required, the user can draw however they want whether they are a good artist or not. The bad news is that you have to purchase the paid version if you want additional colors and more effects for drawing. Also, the fewer competitors you play the more boring the game gets.

“Draw Something” got a rating of six out of 10 stars based on 84 ratings. The majority of users said it is very entertaining, addicting and very

fun according to the reviews. Business Insider said, it is still the No. 1 free app but it is the No. 2 grossing app behind “Galaxy Empire.” They also say that Appdata charts suggest “Draw Something” downloads have slowed since Zynga’s acquisition of OMGPOP, but active users are still at an all time high.

In an article from Huffington Post, “Draw Something” generated more than one million downloads in its first 10 days. They also said more than one billion pictures have been drawn on the app, including an average of 3,000 pictures a second drawn on March 11. And according to Stuff.co.nz, Draw Something is currently the most popular games on Facebook, and possibly the most popular game in the world.

When I first heard about “Draw Something,” I figured it was the next big thing for most popular and addicting apps. When I installed it to my iPhone and began to play, I didn’t know how to play it until a friend showed me how. After figuring it all out, it finally brought me to my senses and became fun to play. I think it’s a cool game but not very addicting. It’s just another game to play when you have nothing else to do with your time.

Comments are closed.