Video

Home » Features

Homecoming Queen 2014 Candidates: Allison Jackson

Submitted by Alexis Williams on February 25, 2014 – 11:48 amNo Comment

Courtesy of Allison Jackson

Allison Jackson, 21

Junior biology major

Nominated by the Biology Club

Allison Jackson of Pine Bluff is representing the UALR Biology Club this year.

An alumnus of White Hall High School, Jackson is a junior biology major with chemistry minor. The 21-year-old is vice president of Biology Club, Friday Fellow, CLC scholar, member of Alpha Epsilon Delta and The American Chemical Society, all while maintaining a 4.0 GPA.

“I am a super huge science nerd and not afraid to admit I spend the majority of my time studying or in labs doing awesome experiments or dissecting cats. I’m not even joking!” Jackson said.

Jackson said she wants to be Homecoming Queen “to spread the word about UALR Biology Club and have some fun meeting the wonderful ladies from all the different clubs!”

She explained her involvement in the Biology Club, as well as some of their activities.

“I am the Vice President of Biology Club. Bio club is basically like my nerd family. We volunteer together and go on all kinds of fun trips like camping and canoeing. Last year we were able to go on a trip to Fayetteville and meet Jane Goodall.

“We also have a lot of cool traditions we do like carving pumpkins for hospice patients around Halloween and canoeing at the Buffalo River in the Spring. This year we are going to add a new tradition of making a cardboard Beagle (Charles Darwin’s boat) for the cardboard boat race. Last year we won the most spirited award, which was pretty awesome!”

Jackson is an intern for Hospice Home Care on Bowman Road. She said she spends 10 hours a week visiting patients and helping out around the hospice.

“It’s such a rewarding job,” she said.

Jackson enjoys baking, designing and sewing costumes, running with her dog, and horseback riding. “I have a beautiful horse named Meatball,” she said.

After graduation, Jackson hopes to be accepted into the UAMS College of Medicine. She said her dream job is to become a pediatric physician or palliative care physician.

Comments are closed.