Video

Home » Features

Homecoming Queen 2014 Candidates: Gabrielle Phifer

Submitted by Alexis Williams on February 25, 2014 – 12:00 pmNo Comment

Photo by Dallen Shields

Gabrielle Phifer, 19

Sophomore mass communications major

Nominated by Chancellor’s Leadership Corps

An alumnus of Crossett High School, sophomore Gabrielle Phifer is the Chancellor Leadership Corps’ nomination in this year’s homecoming queen competition.

Phifer was born in Monroe, Louisiana and attended Crossett High School in southeastern Arkansas. She is a mass communication major and CLC Sophomore Ambassador.

The nominee explained her role as an ambassador.

“I’m a role model for incoming freshman in the program. I have done community service projects [for various programs] including the Arkansas Food Bank, park clean-ups, “Arkansas Kids Read” program, and Children International,” she said.

Phifer enjoys spending time with her friends and family. After graduation, she said she will attend graduate and eventually become a television news anchor.

“If I were President of the United States, the first thing I would do is lower prices of college so all kids can have an opportunity to education,” Phifer said.

She believes she would not stop at lessening higher education costs.

“I would also make sure the best teachers are teaching and schools are well funded so that they can have the best education,” she said.

Phifer shared with readers an interesting fact about her: “I love, love, love flowers!”

Comments are closed.