News

Features

Sports

Entertainment

Home » News

UALR celebrates Earth Day

Submitted by Victoria Hickey on March 20, 2015 – 1:22 pm6 Comments

The University of Arkansas at Little Rock will be hosting and participating in numerous events to celebrate Earth Day.  Starting March 21, UALR’s Sustainability Committee will be participating in Heifer International’s annual Beyond Hunger event.  There will be many other events leading up to the big celebration, which will be April 8.

On April 4, there will be a Coleman Creek clean up and on April 6 there will be an Earth Talk and a few other events.  The main celebration on April 8 will consist of many events, a few being the Trojan Trailblazers Green Walk, a farmer’s market, food trucks and the Semi-Annual Recycling Drop-off.

“Our goal is to create awareness about sustainability, showcase sustainability-related projects and activities that are occurring on campus, and engage our local community,” Kim Tran, the Sustainability Committee Chair, said.

These events are open to UALR students, faculty and staff, as well as the local community.

We want our community to see practical ways they can adopt a more sustainable lifestyle, as well as be more globally aware,” Tran said.

If you have any questions, contact Kim Tran at kttran@ualr.edu.

6 Comments »

• thanika says:

I appreciate the effort you put in formulating this ‘checklist’ for producing quality SEO. Will certainly add this article to my blogroll.
    craftor

• muthu says:

As simple as it can be this post really explains what’s needed for a good piece of writing. Things are getting more difficult every day for entrepreneur and good advice or reminders are always needed.
    matrixlabs

• conservation of nature in this earth that we shall pass on to our descendants.
    nice

• james says:

I made a clock turn on a light, charge batteries
    and charge small power tools in 2009
    I shared with Japan after the tsunami which resulted in this

http://www.yankodesign.com/2011/02/01/spring-gear-motor-energy/

And shared with China and here what a china designer did

with the piece I shared

http://newlaunches.com/archives/the_windup_lamp_has_a_clear_concept.php

When I gave this to a company in Canada I was viciously attacked
    which caused me to be homeless. Now they are leaving me on the street
    with no assistance of a sign of what they do to people who try
    to make products themselves.
    I have had my product stolen 40 times from companies
    in Canada and America and they are not changing
    I only wanted a clock to charge my devices where there is no light
    and in return for my work I have been made homeless
    Please give awareness of my struggle.
    I would not want anyones children to attempt what I have done and have
    to suffer what I am living. Something must be done to change this
    I am certain their actions will get worse towards others if this is allowed to continue

• aqib says:

nice topic aweseome i like it very much

• aqib says:

nice topic awesome i like it very much thanks for posting