Before Applying to UALR
Students seeking admission into the UALR Graduate School to further their education should consider the following:
- First, identify the program / programs you are interested in and make contact with the Coordinator. Be sure to ask questions about the program to ensure that it is the right area of interest for you.
- For some programs deadlines are strictly enforced. Therefore it is encouraged that you check with the program to see if they have deadlines. Failure to meet any deadline the program or the Graduate School has in place my result in an incomplete application and will not be processed.
- In general, all applicants must submit documentation to the Graduate School.
- Official Transcripts from ALL previously attended colleges and universities. NOTE: International Students must have their transcripts articulated. Transcripts that have not been articulated can be submitted for the application process, however before registering for classes, the transcript must be articulated and submitted to the Graduate School.
- Grade point average of 2.75 (or a 3.00 on the last 60 hours) on a 4.00 scale (including post-baccalaureate hours).
- Official test scores taken in the last 5 years (test score requirements vary by program)
NOTE: Fulfillment of all graduate requirements at both the Graduate School and the Graduate Program level does not ensure admission into the program. For reasons unrelated to academic qualifications including, but not limited to, congruence with faculty interest, laboratory space, and funding are just a few reasons why a qualified applicant may not be admitted into a graduate program.