Skip to the page content Skip to primary navigation Skip to the search form Skip to the audience-based navigation Skip to the site tools and log-in Information about website accessibility

Classified Employee Handbook

Payroll Deductions

The University is required by law to withhold part of your pay for federal (FED W/H) and state (AR W/H) income tax and social security (FICA & MQFE).

Forms for Federal (W-4) and State (AR4EC) income tax withholdings must be filed with the Human Resource Services at the beginning of your employment. If an employee claims an exemption from withholding, a new W-4 must be filed each year in the payroll office. New forms to reflect changes in your status may be filed at any time in the payroll office. The payroll office personnel can assist you in filling out these forms but the ultimate responsibility for your filing status is yours.

On or about January 31, you will receive a W-2 form which is a statement of your earnings for the previous calendar year. This form includes amounts withheld for income taxes and social security.

For your convenience and at your request there are other items which can be withheld from your check. A Payroll Deduction Authorization form must be completed to initiate any withholding item. These items and where to inquire are:

Retirement contributions, Credit Union Group Life, Dental, Medical, AD&D and Long-Term Disability premiums
Human Resource Services
UALR tuition Cashier’s Office
Savings Bonds Payroll Office
Parking fees Public Safety
Fitness Center membership fees Fitness Center
Basketball ticket purchases Athletics Office
ASEA dues Union Offices
UALR Foundation donations Development Office
United Way contributions Payroll Office


Last revision 11/1995

Updated 10.26.2011